Lil Wayne Becomes a Crooner in New Single 'How to Love'
After spitting his fire verses in "6 Foot 7 Foot" and "John (If I Should Die)", Lil Wayne shows his softer side in a new ballad track titled "How to Love". The rap mogul, who was recently snapped taking a stroll in the beach with a mystery brunette, now opts to croon his way into the hearts of his female fans in this sweet love song.
Weezy kicks in the guitar-laced track, "See you had a lot of crooks try to steal your heart/ Never really had luck, couldn't never figure out how to love." The Young Money rhymer continues to feel broody in the next verses of the Detail-produced single which is expected to be his next offering, "When you were just a youngin', your looks were so precious."
"But now you're grownup, so fly it's like a blessing/ But you can't have a man look at you for five seconds, without you bein' insecure/ You never credit yourself, so when you got older/ Seems like you came back 10 times over/ And now you sittin' here in this damn corner looking through all you thoughts and lookin' over your shoulder."
"How to Love" is recorded for Weezy's next studio installment "Tha Carter IV" which is due in the United States this summer. A serious departure from most of what he's been working over the years, this song has already received mixed reviews. While some are not sure about Weezy's new direction, the others are quite supportive.
One reluctant Twitter user by the name of Q of TMB wrote, "I hope this doesn't mean Drake, Nicki and Wayne will put out an R&B album together." Another Tweep Young Quise posted a more favorable message, "#icantfront this lil wayne how to love is knockin." User Herbsaac added, "I can dig it.. Lollipop of C4.. Gotta get that pop stuff in to get sales !!"
More Lil Wayne News
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage