Fitted With Ankle Bracelet, Lindsay Lohan Begins House Arrest
Lindsay Lohan has begun serving her house arrest sentence on Thursday, May 26 after turning herself in to the authorities at 5:02 A.M. that day. The 24-year-old showed up at Lynwood Jail to check in and get fitted with electronic ankle bracelet. She was then sent home to her townhouse in Venice, California within an hour.
"Ms. Lohan will be under the supervision of the sheriff's department and her release date is expected to be around June 29," Los Angeles Sheriff's department spokesman Steve Whitmore said. "She will serve about 35 days on home detention." According to the booking sheet, Lohan was listed at 5'7" and 117 lbs.
Lohan had previously been sentenced to four months in jail after pleading no contest in $2,500 necklace theft case. But house arrest was given instead because she is not a violent offender and there is no space in jails. However, she is also subject to complete 480 hours of community service including cleaning the L.A. County morgue.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics