Fitted With Ankle Bracelet, Lindsay Lohan Begins House Arrest
Lindsay Lohan has begun serving her house arrest sentence on Thursday, May 26 after turning herself in to the authorities at 5:02 A.M. that day. The 24-year-old showed up at Lynwood Jail to check in and get fitted with electronic ankle bracelet. She was then sent home to her townhouse in Venice, California within an hour.
"Ms. Lohan will be under the supervision of the sheriff's department and her release date is expected to be around June 29," Los Angeles Sheriff's department spokesman Steve Whitmore said. "She will serve about 35 days on home detention." According to the booking sheet, Lohan was listed at 5'7" and 117 lbs.
Lohan had previously been sentenced to four months in jail after pleading no contest in $2,500 necklace theft case. But house arrest was given instead because she is not a violent offender and there is no space in jails. However, she is also subject to complete 480 hours of community service including cleaning the L.A. County morgue.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet