Fitted With Ankle Bracelet, Lindsay Lohan Begins House Arrest
Lindsay Lohan has begun serving her house arrest sentence on Thursday, May 26 after turning herself in to the authorities at 5:02 A.M. that day. The 24-year-old showed up at Lynwood Jail to check in and get fitted with electronic ankle bracelet. She was then sent home to her townhouse in Venice, California within an hour.
"Ms. Lohan will be under the supervision of the sheriff's department and her release date is expected to be around June 29," Los Angeles Sheriff's department spokesman Steve Whitmore said. "She will serve about 35 days on home detention." According to the booking sheet, Lohan was listed at 5'7" and 117 lbs.
Lohan had previously been sentenced to four months in jail after pleading no contest in $2,500 necklace theft case. But house arrest was given instead because she is not a violent offender and there is no space in jails. However, she is also subject to complete 480 hours of community service including cleaning the L.A. County morgue.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!