Fitted With Ankle Bracelet, Lindsay Lohan Begins House Arrest
Lindsay Lohan has begun serving her house arrest sentence on Thursday, May 26 after turning herself in to the authorities at 5:02 A.M. that day. The 24-year-old showed up at Lynwood Jail to check in and get fitted with electronic ankle bracelet. She was then sent home to her townhouse in Venice, California within an hour.
"Ms. Lohan will be under the supervision of the sheriff's department and her release date is expected to be around June 29," Los Angeles Sheriff's department spokesman Steve Whitmore said. "She will serve about 35 days on home detention." According to the booking sheet, Lohan was listed at 5'7" and 117 lbs.
Lohan had previously been sentenced to four months in jail after pleading no contest in $2,500 necklace theft case. But house arrest was given instead because she is not a violent offender and there is no space in jails. However, she is also subject to complete 480 hours of community service including cleaning the L.A. County morgue.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy