'Bones' Spin-Off 'The Finder' Seeks New Female Lead to Replace Saffron Burrows
"The Finder" is searching a new female lead. Saffron Burrows has left the show, which has just been picked up by FOX to debut this fall. Entertainment Weekly which breaks the report says the role is being recast and re-imagined.
Burrows played a cocky bar owner and helicopter pilot opposite lead actor Geoff Stults in the pilot, which aired in "Bones" slot in April this year. There has been no word on why the Detective Serena Stevens of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" dropped out of the "Bones" spin-off.
Previously, there was a plan to add another female character to the new drama series. "She is attached to the Miami field office of the FBI or the Miami Dade police force," executive producer Hart Hanson said of the character called Isabelle. "She's [Stults' Walter Sherman's] main squeeze - on and off."
Saffron Burrows is not the only star of new show being replaced. FOX will recast Damon Wayans' role on comedy "New Girl", while NBC will replace Toby Stephens on "Prime Suspect" and Beverly D'Angelo on "Whitney".
"The Finder" will take over "Bones" slot in January 2012 as the David Boreanaz-starring drama series goes on hiatus to accommodate Emily Deschanel's maternity leave.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates