'Bones' Spin-Off 'The Finder' Seeks New Female Lead to Replace Saffron Burrows
"The Finder" is searching a new female lead. Saffron Burrows has left the show, which has just been picked up by FOX to debut this fall. Entertainment Weekly which breaks the report says the role is being recast and re-imagined.
Burrows played a cocky bar owner and helicopter pilot opposite lead actor Geoff Stults in the pilot, which aired in "Bones" slot in April this year. There has been no word on why the Detective Serena Stevens of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" dropped out of the "Bones" spin-off.
Previously, there was a plan to add another female character to the new drama series. "She is attached to the Miami field office of the FBI or the Miami Dade police force," executive producer Hart Hanson said of the character called Isabelle. "She's [Stults' Walter Sherman's] main squeeze - on and off."
Saffron Burrows is not the only star of new show being replaced. FOX will recast Damon Wayans' role on comedy "New Girl", while NBC will replace Toby Stephens on "Prime Suspect" and Beverly D'Angelo on "Whitney".
"The Finder" will take over "Bones" slot in January 2012 as the David Boreanaz-starring drama series goes on hiatus to accommodate Emily Deschanel's maternity leave.
- Kim Kardashian's Stolen Jewelry Re-Cut and Sold on Black Market After Robbery
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Forced to Hand Over Kids to Brad Pitt
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas