'Bones' Spin-Off 'The Finder' Seeks New Female Lead to Replace Saffron Burrows
"The Finder" is searching a new female lead. Saffron Burrows has left the show, which has just been picked up by FOX to debut this fall. Entertainment Weekly which breaks the report says the role is being recast and re-imagined.
Burrows played a cocky bar owner and helicopter pilot opposite lead actor Geoff Stults in the pilot, which aired in "Bones" slot in April this year. There has been no word on why the Detective Serena Stevens of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" dropped out of the "Bones" spin-off.
Previously, there was a plan to add another female character to the new drama series. "She is attached to the Miami field office of the FBI or the Miami Dade police force," executive producer Hart Hanson said of the character called Isabelle. "She's [Stults' Walter Sherman's] main squeeze - on and off."
Saffron Burrows is not the only star of new show being replaced. FOX will recast Damon Wayans' role on comedy "New Girl", while NBC will replace Toby Stephens on "Prime Suspect" and Beverly D'Angelo on "Whitney".
"The Finder" will take over "Bones" slot in January 2012 as the David Boreanaz-starring drama series goes on hiatus to accommodate Emily Deschanel's maternity leave.
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding