'Bones' Spin-Off 'The Finder' Seeks New Female Lead to Replace Saffron Burrows
"The Finder" is searching a new female lead. Saffron Burrows has left the show, which has just been picked up by FOX to debut this fall. Entertainment Weekly which breaks the report says the role is being recast and re-imagined.
Burrows played a cocky bar owner and helicopter pilot opposite lead actor Geoff Stults in the pilot, which aired in "Bones" slot in April this year. There has been no word on why the Detective Serena Stevens of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" dropped out of the "Bones" spin-off.
Previously, there was a plan to add another female character to the new drama series. "She is attached to the Miami field office of the FBI or the Miami Dade police force," executive producer Hart Hanson said of the character called Isabelle. "She's [Stults' Walter Sherman's] main squeeze - on and off."
Saffron Burrows is not the only star of new show being replaced. FOX will recast Damon Wayans' role on comedy "New Girl", while NBC will replace Toby Stephens on "Prime Suspect" and Beverly D'Angelo on "Whitney".
"The Finder" will take over "Bones" slot in January 2012 as the David Boreanaz-starring drama series goes on hiatus to accommodate Emily Deschanel's maternity leave.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby