Expendable Cheryl Cole Replaced by Nicole Scherzinger as 'X Factor (US)' Judge
Cheryl Cole is reportedly no longer judging "The X Factor (US)". TMZ reports that the 27-year-old British beauty is replaced by Nicole Scherzinger, who was actually billed to co-host the show with Steve Jones.
Rumor has it, Cole's English accent is too thick for American audience and producers were concerned that viewers would hardly understand it. Sources additionally say the Girls Aloud singer was more expendable, and she and fellow judge Paula Abdul have a lack of chemistry.
Cole is now said being wanted to return to the UK version of "The X Factor". But she may turn down the offer and even cut ties with the franchise entirely because she is "royally pissed over how this situation was handled."
FOX has not responded to the report, while calls to Simon Cowell's camp have not been returned.
Cheryl Cole was announced to sit on the panel judge of "The X Factor (US)" in early this month. Paula Abdul was the last one signing up to join Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid and Cole. The foursome taped the show for the first time on May 8.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'