James Franco's 'Oz: the Great and Powerful' Slated for March 2013 Release
Walt Disney Pictures has set a release date for "Oz: the Great and Powerful". Deadline reports that the upcoming movie, which stars James Franco and Mila Kunis, will make its way out across the nation on March 8, 2013.
Based on a 1939 book, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz", by L. Frank Baum, the film tells a story of Franco's titular character, a fast-talking person who works as a snake oil salesman and illusionist. He runs away from a traveling circus and is blown in a hot air balloon by a tornado to Oz, where he has to fight against magic and the sisters battling for control of the land.
In the meantime, Kunis' Theodora, the youngest sister of three witches, is a good witch. She is living along with her sister Glinda. However, she later turns into a bad person and joins forces with her evil sister Evanora after Franco's character rejects her sexual advances.
Previously, Michelle Williams has been rumored tackling the role of Glinda. Rachel Weisz has also been rumored portraying Evanora. Directed by Sam Raimi, the upcoming film has "Rabbit Hole" screenwriter David Lindsay-Abaire rewrite the script, which was written by Mitchell Kapner. Joe Roth ("Alice in Wonderland") will serve as the producer.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group