Sarah Palin's Biopic 'Undefeated' Dropped in Front of Presidential Bid
Earlier this month, Sarah Palin said she was weighing the option whether she would take part in the contest as presidential nominee. The first hint that she is leaning towards a 'yes' has just been submitted in the form of a biopic set to premiere this June in Iowa.
Made by conservative filmmaker Stephen K. Bannon, "The Undefeated" is a project stemming from Palin's last-year request to Bannon to make a series of videos about her work as governor of Alaska. Bannon went to the length of financing the full-length film which, according to RealClearPolitics, costs up to $1 million in production.
Though set to give a better light on Palin, the film includes the downside. A clip sequence showing celebrities like Rosie O'Donnell, Matt Damon, Bill Maher, David Letterman, and Howard Stern slamming her would be included along with images of lions killing a zebra and a dead medieval soldier with an arrow sticking in his back as representations of Palin's haters.
It would be divided into three acts but for the most part, the focus is Palin's success as Alaska governor. "I'm a huge fan of Steve's work," Palin's spokeswoman Rebecca Mansour said. "I think his new film really captures the essence of Governor Palin's stewardship of Alaska, and I think people will be really surprised by it. It shatters so many false stereotypes because it shows what she actually accomplished as governor. You can't leave it thinking the same way about Sarah Palin."
There will be unrated edition which contains obscene Palin-bashing language and imagery as well as a PG-13 version. Debuted in Iowa, "The Undefeated" will be released in other presidential primary states like New Hampshire and South Carolina and Nevada. It would eventually be released in 50 to 100 markets nationwide.
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board