Report: Lady GaGa, U2, Beyonce and More on 'Idol' Finale
"American Idol" is not getting enough of Lady GaGa. The controversial singer who had mentored the Top 4 this season reportedly has been invited to perform at the May 25 live finale, and so has U2's Bono and The Edge, Beyonce Knowles, Carrie Underwood, Tim McGraw, as well the surviving members of TLC.
The two-hour show would be packed with duets like always but THR said GaGa is to perform "Edge of Glory" solo. Meanwhile, Bono and his guitarist are expected to perform a number from "Spider-man: Turn Off the Dark" alongside cast members from the Broadway musical.
Finalists Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery would be paired up with Underwood and McGraw respectively. Finalist Casey Abrams, as previously reported, is to team up with Jack Black while fourth-placer James Durbin is to take the stage with Judas Priest whose song "You've Got Another Thing Comin' " he sang during Top 24 round. As for Haley Reinhart, she would collaborate with jazz great Tony Bennett. Beyonce is to lead the Top 13 girls and Tom Jones is to front the counterpart.
FOX is typically not confirming or revealing the finale guests and surprises. The show is subject to last-minute changes, including whether judge Steven Tyler would eventually take the stage with his band Aerosmith and whether fellow judge Jennifer Lopez will push her single "On the Floor" with the performance.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off