Jane Lynch Close to Host 2011 Emmy Awards
Jane Lynch may take the hosting duty at the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. The 50-year-old comedienne/singer is reported to be in talks with the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences to emcee the upcoming ceremony.
If the actress signs up to host alone, she will be the third woman to do so after Angela Lansbury (1993) and Ellen Degeneres (2005). Previously, the likes of Kirstie Alley, Joan Rivers, Wanda Sykes and Heidi Klum were paired up with one or more men when hosting the show. Serving as a host last year was Jimmy Fallon.
The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards will be held on September 18. The prize-giving event will be broadcast live by FOX which also airs Jane Lynch-starring musical drama series "Glee".
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Confirms Return of Original Cast Member
- Report: Migos Beats Up Sean Kingston in Las Vegas Brawl