Jane Lynch Close to Host 2011 Emmy Awards
Jane Lynch may take the hosting duty at the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. The 50-year-old comedienne/singer is reported to be in talks with the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences to emcee the upcoming ceremony.
If the actress signs up to host alone, she will be the third woman to do so after Angela Lansbury (1993) and Ellen Degeneres (2005). Previously, the likes of Kirstie Alley, Joan Rivers, Wanda Sykes and Heidi Klum were paired up with one or more men when hosting the show. Serving as a host last year was Jimmy Fallon.
The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards will be held on September 18. The prize-giving event will be broadcast live by FOX which also airs Jane Lynch-starring musical drama series "Glee".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie