Jane Lynch Close to Host 2011 Emmy Awards
Jane Lynch may take the hosting duty at the 63rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards. The 50-year-old comedienne/singer is reported to be in talks with the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences to emcee the upcoming ceremony.
If the actress signs up to host alone, she will be the third woman to do so after Angela Lansbury (1993) and Ellen Degeneres (2005). Previously, the likes of Kirstie Alley, Joan Rivers, Wanda Sykes and Heidi Klum were paired up with one or more men when hosting the show. Serving as a host last year was Jimmy Fallon.
The 2011 Primetime Emmy Awards will be held on September 18. The prize-giving event will be broadcast live by FOX which also airs Jane Lynch-starring musical drama series "Glee".
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show