'DWTS' Winner Hines Ward Plans Touchdown Tribute for Kym Johnson
After 10 weeks of competition, Hines Ward came out as the champion of "Dancing with the Stars" season 12 on Tuesday, May 24. Ecstatic by the win, the 35-year-old NFL star told the reporters after the show that he plans special tribute for his professional dancing partner Kym Johnson.
"I'm doing a tribute to Kym every time I score a touchdown. You will see a Dancing with the Stars routine somewhere in the end zone," gushed the wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He added that his teammates won't make a joke out of it, reasoning "Now that I brought back this trophy, they can't say anything."
Hines also admitted that going to the finale, he didn't assume he had the title in the bag. On the reason why, he noted that runner-up Kirstie Alley is also popular. "I looked over and I saw Kirstie," he recalled. "I thought, oh jeez, everybody loves Kirstie. I didn't know how I would match up with Kirstie!"
Speaking of his competitions, he said that both Kirstie and Chelsea Kane (aka Chelsea Staub) are "all deserving of this mirror ball." Still, he added, "But I'm not going to apologize for winning. It's grueling. I disrespected this show when I first came on by saying, 'I can do that.' It's a lot of hard work."
During the after-show chat, Hines also told reporters where he will put the mirror ball trophy. "It's going right next to my MVP trophy," the football player who was voted MVP of Super Bowl XL spilled.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?