Relativity Reschedules 'Snow White' to Beat Universal's
Hollywood studios are seemingly setting a war over "Snow White". Realizing that Universal Pictures moved up the release date for its "Snow White and the Huntsman" a few weeks ago, now Relativity Media pushes up its "Snow White" project from June 29, 2012 to March 16, 2012, three months ahead of Universal's.
With Relativity Media's "Snow White" beginning its production in June and Universal's "Snow White and the Huntsman" shooting no sooner than August, it is impossible for the latter to arrive earlier than its rival. Thus, the tug-of-war condition may end with Relativity Media's "Snow White" firstly hitting theaters Stateside.
In a press release, Relativity Media also announces that "Safe Haven" will make its way out nationwide on June 1, 2012, the same day when Universal's "Snow White" version is released. Meanwhile, "Hunter Killer" is slated for December 21, 2012 release across the nation.
Relativity's "Snow White" will follow the titular character who bands together with a gang of even quarrelsome dwarfs to reclaim what is rightly hers after her evil stepmother kills her father and destroys the kingdom. The Tarsem Singh-directed film has Lily Collins take the female lead role, and Julia Roberts star as the evil queen.
A directorial debut from Rupert Sanders, Universal's "Snow White and the Huntsman" will present a twisted story from the original book. While in Grimm's fairy tale Snow White seems fragile, in the big screen version Snow White could fight and defend herself against the evil queen under the guidance of the huntsman. Kristen Stewart and Chris Hemsworth are set to star as Snow White and the huntsman respectively.
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert