Rihanna and Britney's 'Sex Show' at Billboard Music Awards Slammed by PTC
Rihanna and Britney Spears's girl-on-girl kiss at Billboard Music Awards is deemed too hot for TV. Parents Television Council (PTC) sounded off their protests against the "S&M" show to ABC, the national network which aired the awards show live from MGM Grand Garden Arena on Sunday night, May 22.
"What happened in Vegas should have stayed in Vegas, as the saying goes," the PTC president and resident wit master Tim Winter shared his outrage in a statement. "It certainly has no place at 8:00 p.m. on the publicly-owned broadcast airwaves."
"I cannot imagine what would possibly lead the ABC television network to air a profanity-laced, S&M sex show on primetime broadcast television. The overtly sexualized performance by Rihanna and Britney Spears was no accident or mishap, but a deliberate effort to target teens with images and lyrics that glamorize whips, chains and other sexual fantasies."
Rihanna and Britney made the "S&M" duet to kick off the Billboard prize giving event. In an effort to fit the R-rated lyrics of the song, the two female artists delivered an equally-racy show. They were dressed in bondage outfit and closed the set by sharing what seemed to be a kiss on the lips. However, from a picture making its round on the web, it can be seen that Britney deliberately gave her right cheek when RiRi leaned in for the smooch.
More Rihanna News
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'