Rihanna and Britney's 'Sex Show' at Billboard Music Awards Slammed by PTC
Rihanna and Britney Spears's girl-on-girl kiss at Billboard Music Awards is deemed too hot for TV. Parents Television Council (PTC) sounded off their protests against the "S&M" show to ABC, the national network which aired the awards show live from MGM Grand Garden Arena on Sunday night, May 22.
"What happened in Vegas should have stayed in Vegas, as the saying goes," the PTC president and resident wit master Tim Winter shared his outrage in a statement. "It certainly has no place at 8:00 p.m. on the publicly-owned broadcast airwaves."
"I cannot imagine what would possibly lead the ABC television network to air a profanity-laced, S&M sex show on primetime broadcast television. The overtly sexualized performance by Rihanna and Britney Spears was no accident or mishap, but a deliberate effort to target teens with images and lyrics that glamorize whips, chains and other sexual fantasies."
Rihanna and Britney made the "S&M" duet to kick off the Billboard prize giving event. In an effort to fit the R-rated lyrics of the song, the two female artists delivered an equally-racy show. They were dressed in bondage outfit and closed the set by sharing what seemed to be a kiss on the lips. However, from a picture making its round on the web, it can be seen that Britney deliberately gave her right cheek when RiRi leaned in for the smooch.
More Rihanna News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels