'Story of Us' Music Video: Taylor Swift Has Awkward Encounter With Her Ex
Taylor Swift brings her real-life awkward encounter with an ex-boyfriend during an awards show to a school library in a music video for her latest single "The Story of Us". Trying to ignore him and focus on her book, she fails miserably as she shoots him a glance a couple of times.
"Now I'm standing alone in a crowded room and we're not speaking," the country/pop artist sings her angst out. "And I'm dying to know is it killing you like it's killing me? I don't know what to say since a twist of fate when it all broke down. And the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now."
Talking about the song, Swift told MTV, "Anytime I'm onstage or watching the music video, the first thing that comes into my mind is the person I wrote the song about. It's like the first thing that you think of is the moment that inspired the song, which is that excruciating, awful moment when you run into an ex for the first time."
"[It's] just like in high school, except [the awkward moments happen] at an awards show," she further explained. "You go on living a normal life, except on a different scale. [In my songs] I tend to focus on love, feelings, emotions, what it was like feeling that particular relationship."
"The Story of Us" is taken from Swift's hit studio album "Speak Now". She never names whom she's talking about in the song, but some suggested it's either Taylor Lautner or John Mayer who were briefly linked to her last year. "I was at an awards show, and there was a guy there, obviously - it all starts there, doesn't it? It was a guy I had been in a relationship with, falling out, then we end up at the same awards show. Both trying to act like we don't care," she recalled.
More Taylor Swift News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'