Similarity Between Beyonce and Lorella's Performances Explained
In response to allegation that Beyonce Knowles ripped off Italian artist Lorella Cuccarini's concept for her Billboard Music Awards performance, Kenzo Digital who is the media artist and film director behind those graphic visuals broke his silence. Beyonce's team indeed was initially inspired by Lorella, "but there are a lot of different inspirations for where our piece came from," he told The Amp.
"That's the thing, it's very simplistic," he continued his defensive statement. "If anything, it's a great example of how great of a performer Beyonce is. It's just a bare white screen. It's a technique in video art since the '80s in terms of frontal projection and interactive things. That's really nothing new. It's not even a new technology. It's just an incredibly simple, awesome storytelling device, and with a performer like Beyonce it becomes incredibly powerful."
Talking about the May 22 performance, Kenzo said the "Run the World (Girls)" singer nailed it. "Beyonce has such an incredible work ethic and vision, and you really couldn't ask for a better collaborator in terms of the performing side of things as well. She killed it," he gushed. "When I saw that thing come out live, I was absolutely and completely blown away."
"As many times as she had rehearsed, as many times as she mocked it up just in the video room to get a reference of where we're at with the animation, to see that come together with her and her 100 percent energy and all the pyro effects, it was insane."
"She is an absolute monster, she nailed all of her walks -- she just knows it," Kenzo stated. "Her muscle memory, her performance, she doesn't need guides. She just needs to practice it a couple times and it's done. There was no visual guide. Her eye line was straight into the crowd, engaging the crowd. That's just her amazing abilities as a performer."
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour