Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way' Sold for $0.99, Resulting in Overwhelming Demand
Lady GaGa has partnered with Amazon, which just launched a new Cloud Player service, to sell her new studio album "Born This Way" for 99 cents. The special 24-hour cross-promotion delighted Little Monsters who have been itching to get a hold of the Mother Monster's new CD, but their joy was short lived because they could not get the entire album immediately after the purchase.
The online retailer suffered technical problems because of the high traffic on the website soon after the promotion was announced. "Amazon is experiencing high volume and downloads are delayed," the company offered an apology for the inconvenient. "If customers order today, they will get the full Lady GaGa, Born This Way album for $0.99. Thanks for your patience."
The slow-service issues have frustrated some of the music fans. "Reminds me why I usually use iTunes," a Twitter user by the name of Martin Dittman said in a terse reply to the Amazon statement. In addition, the problems reportedly have caused the CD to have a low three-star rating.
"Born This Way" was released worldwide on May 23 with prize tag $11.99 or $15.99 on iTunes stores. With its massive promotion has already been set in motion, Interscope Records has high expectation for the album and reportedly has shipped a whopping 2 million copies of the album to a variety of retail outlets across the United States. Music experts predict the effort will lead this week's album sale in the country "with first-week sales estimates ranging from 750k to a high of a million."
More Lady GaGa News
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video