Lady GaGa's 'Born This Way' Sold for $0.99, Resulting in Overwhelming Demand
Lady GaGa has partnered with Amazon, which just launched a new Cloud Player service, to sell her new studio album "Born This Way" for 99 cents. The special 24-hour cross-promotion delighted Little Monsters who have been itching to get a hold of the Mother Monster's new CD, but their joy was short lived because they could not get the entire album immediately after the purchase.
The online retailer suffered technical problems because of the high traffic on the website soon after the promotion was announced. "Amazon is experiencing high volume and downloads are delayed," the company offered an apology for the inconvenient. "If customers order today, they will get the full Lady GaGa, Born This Way album for $0.99. Thanks for your patience."
The slow-service issues have frustrated some of the music fans. "Reminds me why I usually use iTunes," a Twitter user by the name of Martin Dittman said in a terse reply to the Amazon statement. In addition, the problems reportedly have caused the CD to have a low three-star rating.
"Born This Way" was released worldwide on May 23 with prize tag $11.99 or $15.99 on iTunes stores. With its massive promotion has already been set in motion, Interscope Records has high expectation for the album and reportedly has shipped a whopping 2 million copies of the album to a variety of retail outlets across the United States. Music experts predict the effort will lead this week's album sale in the country "with first-week sales estimates ranging from 750k to a high of a million."
More Lady GaGa News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story