Ed Westwick Is Tybalt in 'Romeo and Juliet'
Ed Westwick is allegedly in final talks to star in "Romeo and Juliet". Variety reports that the "Gossip Girl" hunk will take the role of Tybalt, Juliet's hot-tempered cousin who kills Romeo's best friend Mercutio in a duel and sets the whole family feud into high gear.
Hailee Steinfeld is set to portray the female main character, while Holly Hunter is recently added to star as the Nurse, the one who raised Juliet and helps her send messages to Romeo. In the meantime, the latter is yet to be cast.
Shooting is scheduled to take place in Italy this summer. Directed by Carlo Carlie, the forthcoming film centers its story on Romeo and Juliet, who fall in love but their respective families are violently feuding and try to keep them apart, leading to their tragic deaths.
An English actor, Westwick is best known for his role as Chuck Bass in teen drama TV series "Gossip Girl". The role brought him awards such as 2009 Young Hollywood Award for Breakthrough Performance Male, and nominations like 2010 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Villain. His next big screen performances are in "Chalet Girl" and "J. Edgar".
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'