Ed Westwick Is Tybalt in 'Romeo and Juliet'
Ed Westwick is allegedly in final talks to star in "Romeo and Juliet". Variety reports that the "Gossip Girl" hunk will take the role of Tybalt, Juliet's hot-tempered cousin who kills Romeo's best friend Mercutio in a duel and sets the whole family feud into high gear.
Hailee Steinfeld is set to portray the female main character, while Holly Hunter is recently added to star as the Nurse, the one who raised Juliet and helps her send messages to Romeo. In the meantime, the latter is yet to be cast.
Shooting is scheduled to take place in Italy this summer. Directed by Carlo Carlie, the forthcoming film centers its story on Romeo and Juliet, who fall in love but their respective families are violently feuding and try to keep them apart, leading to their tragic deaths.
An English actor, Westwick is best known for his role as Chuck Bass in teen drama TV series "Gossip Girl". The role brought him awards such as 2009 Young Hollywood Award for Breakthrough Performance Male, and nominations like 2010 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Villain. His next big screen performances are in "Chalet Girl" and "J. Edgar".
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump