Ed Westwick Is Tybalt in 'Romeo and Juliet'
Ed Westwick is allegedly in final talks to star in "Romeo and Juliet". Variety reports that the "Gossip Girl" hunk will take the role of Tybalt, Juliet's hot-tempered cousin who kills Romeo's best friend Mercutio in a duel and sets the whole family feud into high gear.
Hailee Steinfeld is set to portray the female main character, while Holly Hunter is recently added to star as the Nurse, the one who raised Juliet and helps her send messages to Romeo. In the meantime, the latter is yet to be cast.
Shooting is scheduled to take place in Italy this summer. Directed by Carlo Carlie, the forthcoming film centers its story on Romeo and Juliet, who fall in love but their respective families are violently feuding and try to keep them apart, leading to their tragic deaths.
An English actor, Westwick is best known for his role as Chuck Bass in teen drama TV series "Gossip Girl". The role brought him awards such as 2009 Young Hollywood Award for Breakthrough Performance Male, and nominations like 2010 Teen Choice Award for Choice TV Villain. His next big screen performances are in "Chalet Girl" and "J. Edgar".
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune