Showtime Renews 'Nurse Jackie' and 'Borgias', Cancels 'United States of Tara'
"Nurse Jackie" has been picked up for another season, following the footsteps of "The Borgias". The dark comedy series will return for a fourth season in 2012, while the freshman will go into production this summer for a second season which is also set to air next year.
Meanwhile, "United States of Tara" has to receive the bad news. The network decides to pull the plug on the comedy show which has suffered a drastic decline in ratings, with an average of 326,000 viewers for season 3. For comparison, the series drew an average of 558,000 for season 2.
"Tara" creator Diablo Cody has taken to Twitter to respond to the cancellation, writing "TARA got canned, everyone. I feel sick, but proud. Each season got better. Best/nicest cast & CREW ever. Toni=God. Thank YOU for watching!" The last episode for the third season, which now serves as the final season, will air on Monday, June 20 at 10:30 P.M.
"The Borgias" has ended its first season on Sunday, May 22, while "Nurse Jackie" season finale will air on June 20. Before that, "Jackie" will return on June 6 with "F**k the Lemurs" where Jackie is placed on probation over the drugs she stole from Oncology.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding