Showtime Renews 'Nurse Jackie' and 'Borgias', Cancels 'United States of Tara'
"Nurse Jackie" has been picked up for another season, following the footsteps of "The Borgias". The dark comedy series will return for a fourth season in 2012, while the freshman will go into production this summer for a second season which is also set to air next year.
Meanwhile, "United States of Tara" has to receive the bad news. The network decides to pull the plug on the comedy show which has suffered a drastic decline in ratings, with an average of 326,000 viewers for season 3. For comparison, the series drew an average of 558,000 for season 2.
"Tara" creator Diablo Cody has taken to Twitter to respond to the cancellation, writing "TARA got canned, everyone. I feel sick, but proud. Each season got better. Best/nicest cast & CREW ever. Toni=God. Thank YOU for watching!" The last episode for the third season, which now serves as the final season, will air on Monday, June 20 at 10:30 P.M.
"The Borgias" has ended its first season on Sunday, May 22, while "Nurse Jackie" season finale will air on June 20. Before that, "Jackie" will return on June 6 with "F**k the Lemurs" where Jackie is placed on probation over the drugs she stole from Oncology.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart