Lenny Kravitz Cast in 'The Hunger Games'
Lionsgate Films adds an actor in the cast ensemble for "The Hunger Games". Taking to its Twitter account, the studio announces that Lenny Kravitz has been cast as Cinna, the assigned fashion stylist for Katniss Everdeen.
The studio describes Cinna as a "mild-mannered first time stylist" who can create Katniss' impressive designs. The designs he creates, such as the "Girl On Fire" costume for the tributes' live televised debut, define her public identity and "could also contribute to her very survival".
"When I saw Lenny's work in 'Precious (Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire)' I was just knocked out," so director Gary Ross commented on the casting decision. "It was quiet and strong and understated and open hearted; all qualities which define this character. I'm really looking forward to this ride."
"The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, she steps up to go in her place.
The adaptation of Suzanne Collins' best-selling trilogy has Jennifer Lawrence star as the main character. Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, and Stanley Tucci serve as the supporting actors. Lionsgate Films aims to release it in theater Stateside on March 23, 2012.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder