Lenny Kravitz Cast in 'The Hunger Games'
Lionsgate Films adds an actor in the cast ensemble for "The Hunger Games". Taking to its Twitter account, the studio announces that Lenny Kravitz has been cast as Cinna, the assigned fashion stylist for Katniss Everdeen.
The studio describes Cinna as a "mild-mannered first time stylist" who can create Katniss' impressive designs. The designs he creates, such as the "Girl On Fire" costume for the tributes' live televised debut, define her public identity and "could also contribute to her very survival".
"When I saw Lenny's work in 'Precious (Based on the Novel PUSH by Sapphire)' I was just knocked out," so director Gary Ross commented on the casting decision. "It was quiet and strong and understated and open hearted; all qualities which define this character. I'm really looking forward to this ride."
"The Hunger Games" follows 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen who lives with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, in the apocalyptic America. When her sister is chosen by lottery to participate in a fight-to-the-death annual event called the Hunger Games, she steps up to go in her place.
The adaptation of Suzanne Collins' best-selling trilogy has Jennifer Lawrence star as the main character. Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, and Stanley Tucci serve as the supporting actors. Lionsgate Films aims to release it in theater Stateside on March 23, 2012.
- Amber Rose Holds Hands With a Man While Leaving Nightclub
- J.Lo Premieres Heartbreaking Spanish Ballad 'Mirate' at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Nick Cannon Blasts Nicki Minaj's Booty on 'The Wendy Williams Show'
- First Look at Bobbi Kristina Brown Biopic Revealed
- Tilda Swinton Talks About Pig Dreams in Bizzare Viral Video for 'Okja'
- Dream Comes True! Kylie Jenner to Give Travis Scott a Horse for His 25th Birthday
- Listen to Katy Perry's Seductive Song 'Bon Appetit' Ft. Migos
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie