'John Carter of Mars', 'Now' and 'Still I Rise' Get New Titles
Walt Disney Pictures has decided to change the title of Andrew Stanton-directed movie, which is based on Edgar Rice Burroughs novel. Previously called "John Carter of Mars", the sci-fi epic is now simply entitled "John Carter".
Additionally, Dark Horizons has confirmed that Andrew Niccol's film gets new title. Originally called "I'm.Mortal", and then changed to "Now", the 20th century Fox sci-fi movie which stars Justin Timberlake and Olivia Wilde will now be called "In Time".
Another film getting a new title is "Still I Rise". Slash Film broke the news that the drama film, which tells a story of two mothers who channel frustration into action and join forces to transform an inner-city public school, will be called "Steel Town".
"John Carter" revolves around the title character, who finds himself a prisoner of Martian inhabitants. Set on the wounded planet of Mars where warrior tribes and exotic desert beings live, the film has Andrew Stanton helm the production. Meanwhile, Lynn Collins, Willem Dafoe, Mark Strong, and Samantha Morton are among actors joining the movie, which will hit U.S. theaters on March 9, 2012.
Scheduled for October 28 release, "In Time" takes place "in a future where aging has stopped and people must pay to stay alive." It will follow a young man played by Timberlake who is accused of murder when he inherits a fortune from a dead upper class man, and has to go on the run from dirty cops known as "time keepers."
Meanwhile, "Steel Town" has Daniel Barnz tackle the directorial job, as well as team up with Brin Hill to provide the screenplay. Maggie Gyllenhaal, Viola Davis, Oscar Isaac, Holly Hunter and Emily Alyn Lind are among actors starring in the film, which is expected to hit U.S. theaters in 2012.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story