'DWTS' Finale Recap: Chelsea Kane and Hines Ward Make Tough Competition
Chelsea Kane (previously known as Chelsea Staub), Kirstie Alley and Hines Ward were returning to "Dancing with the Stars" stage on Monday, May 23 for the last performance show. This week, the three finalists had to perform two dances each: a judge's pick and a freestyle.
First, Chelsea and her partner Mark Ballas danced the samba which was deemed "Hot! Hot! Hot!" by judge Carrie Ann Inaba. She got 29 for this ballroom dance. When Chelsea returned later for the freestyle, Len Goodman commented, "This was so full-on, it was so much attack." The young actress scored 30, making her total score that night 59.
Kirstie and pro dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy also danced the samba for the first round, but she was not as good as Chelsea. Although Carrie Ann said it "was a really great samba," Len noted, "It was less-aggressive, less full-on." She scored 27 for her first dance. Kirstie got the same score for the freestyle with Bruno Toli saying, "Some of the lifts could have been smoother." He, however, praised her effort, "You have to really appreciate what you've achieved." Kirstie total point was 54.
Hines and Kym Johnson danced the quickstep for the judge's pick. Bruno said it was "full of excitement," but Len reminded that the "competition is still anyone's to win or lose." He got 29 for the first dance. Hines did better with the freestyle, scoring 30 with Bruno gushing, "You've pulled all the stops and created a crowd-pleasing event." His total score was 59.
On Tuesday, May 24, the Mirror Ball will be awarded to one of these three contestants. Fans' votes and the scores will be combined to determine who is the winner.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman