2011 Billboard Music Awards: Beyonce's Show Stopping Performance
Beyonce Knowles wowed star-studded crowd of Billboard Music Awards at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with a show stopping performance. The R&B diva played with virtual and special effects for the live performance of her women-empowerment single "Run the World (Girls)".
Beyonce is one of the special honorees at the event. She received Millennium Award due to her career achievements and influence in the music industry. Her father Mathew, mother Tina, sister Solange Knowles, First Lady Michelle Obama, Lady GaGa, Bono, Barbra Streisand, Stevie Wonder gathered up to honor her.
"I sang to Beyonce as a beautiful baby girl, but it wasn't too long before she was singing back to me and to the whole world," Tina Knowles said of her daughter before presenting the award. "Only 29 years old, for 15 of those years, you've been on the stage wowing crowd everywhere, raising the bar and setting new standards, but still managing to stay grounded and a beautiful person."
First Lady Michele stated, "In addition to being just a beautiful young woman, she's been a role model and a powerful presence for young girls and women all around the world." She added, "I'm very proud of the women she is, the role model she provides to so many women and I truly congratulate her tonight on all her success."
GaGa, who collaborated with her on hit single "Telephone", chimed in, "You are so much more than just a pop star or an icon. You represent the dream." Bono gushed, "She makes songs that will live forever." Streisand sang praise for her as well, "Great performers have a sound and style that is all their own. And that's why so many people love Beyonce. And so do I."
The other special honoree is Neil Diamond who got Icon Award. Taking the most nods, meanwhile, are Justin Bieber and Eminem. The former dominates winner list with seven kudos including Top New Artist, and the latter takes home six gongs including Top Artist.
Black Eyed Peas:
More Billboard Music Awards News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary