Pics: Ryan Gosling Gives Man-on-Man Kiss to 'Drive' Director
Ryan Gosling isn't afraid of giving another man a kiss on the lips. On Sunday, May 22, the 30-year-old actor planted a smooch on "Drive" director Nicolas Winding Refn in front of photographers gathering for the Palme d'Or winners photocall that took place at the Palais des Festivals in Cannes, France during the 64th Annual Cannes Film Festival.
Coming to the photocall, the former boyfriend of Rachel McAdams looked dazzling in a custom-made tuxedo by Ferragamo. Meanwhile, Nicolas himself described the actor as "my favorite alter ego" when accepting the Best Director honor for his high-octane movie about a stuntman who moonlights as a getaway car driver.
Ryan takes the lead role in "Drive". On what attracted him to the part, he said in an interview in Cannes, "I love to drive. I like the spell that a car puts you under - you get in and you don't remember how you got there. And when I met Nicolas, he said he wanted make a film about driving and not stunts - about what it's like to be in the car, which really made me want to do the film."
More Ryan Gosling News
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'
- Oscars 2017: 'Zootopia' Is Best Animated Feature, 'Hacksaw Ridge' Already Wins Two
- Oscars 2017: Lin-Manuel Miranda Cries Over Surprise 'Moana' Mash-Up Cover by 'Hamilton' Cast
- 'Aliens' Actor Bill Paxton Dies at 61, Celebs Pay Tribute on Twitter
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Gets the Party Started With Lively Performance
- Does Caitlyn Jenner Have a New Girlfriend?
- Oscars 2017: Justin Timberlake Photobombs Jessica Biel and Emma Stone
- Oscars 2017: Viola Davis Wins Best Supporting Actress