Deported From Japan, Russell Brand Jokes Around in Detention
Russell Brand flew to Japan last Saturday, May 21 to watch wife Katy Perry perform, but was deported out of the country upon arrival. While his singer wife took to Twitter to share the news and her frustration, the 35-year-old comedian himself made light of the incident by posting a series of funny messages and photos while in detention.
Along with a photo of him carrying a chopstick, the "Arthur" star tweeted, "Planning escape from Japanese custody. It's bloody hard to dig a tunnel with a chopstick." He followed it up with another post that read, "Stockholm syndrome kicking in. Just asked my guard out for (vegetarian) sushi. He giggled."
In the last tweet, the Aldous Snow of "Get Him to the Greek" wrote, "Alcatraz! Shawshank Redemption! And now this! Ah, sweet blue bird of freedom!" Accompanying the tweet was a photo of him posing before the camera with a hand gesture.
Hours earlier, Russell's wife Katy broke the news he was deported from Japan. "So...my husband just got deported from Japan. I am so. sad. I brought him all this way to show him my favorite place #tokyodreamscrushed," so she wrote. While expressing her disappointment, she explained in a following tweet, "It was for priors from over 10 years ago!"
Despite the incident, Katy assured fans that she will still perform in Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya. Her tweet read, "...But of COURSE I [love] my Japanese fans & the show #MUSTGOON no matter the daily aftershocks or husband kidnappings!" Most recently, she wrote, "I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning japanese... I really think so. I love u Japan, I really do."
More Russell Brand News
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes