'The Killing' Beats 'Glee' and 'Mad Men' at BAFTA Television Awards
In the U.K., "The Killing" is apparently more popular than "Glee" and some other successful American TV shows. The Danish crime series, which has been adapted into an American version, nabbed the international award at the 2011 British Academy International Television Awards which was held on Sunday night, May 22.
"The Killing" was nominated in the category along with "Mad Men" and "Boardwalk Empire" in addition to musical drama "Glee". The show, which has original title "Forbrydelsen", was voted the best international shows to air in the U.K., after being acquired by BBC digital channel BBC Four.
Taking the Leading Actor award was Daniel Rigby for his role in "Eric and Ernie". The best Leading Actress title meanwhile went to Vicky McClure of "This Is England '86". The best Supporting Actor and Actress were Martin Freeman of "Sherlock" and Lauren Socha of "Misfits" respectively.
"Sherlock" took home another kudo in Drama Series category, beating out "Being Human", "Downton Abbey" and "Misfits". In Drama Serial, "Any Human Heart" won the title over "Mad Dogs", "The Sinking of the Laconia" and "The Promise".
BAFTA Television Awards was hosted by Graham Norton who was honored with the Entertainment Performance award for his chat show "The Graham Norton Show". The ceremony also handed out Lifetime recognition awards to Tiger Aspect founder Peter Bennett-Jones and veteran ITN news anchor Trevor MacDonald.
Full winners list of 2011 BAFTA Television Awards can be seen on the official website.
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester