2011 Billboard Music Awards: Taylor Swift Glams Up, Rihanna Suits Up
The biggest stars in music have turned up at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday night, May 22 for 2011 Billboard Music Awards. On hand for the event, A-listers like Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj and Selena Gomez showed off their individual styles when hitting the white carpet.
Presenting a glam-up look for the evening was country beauty Taylor. The 21-year-old looked lovely in a blush toned beaded strapless gown with bronze embellished accents from Elie Saab. She is up for seven awards, including Top Artist, Top Billboard 200 Artist, Top Female Artist, Top Country Artist, Top Billboard 200 Album for "Speak Now", and Top Country Song for "Mine".
Meanwhile, Rihanna opted to go with an all-white suit piece. The "S&M" singer, who leads the nominations with 18 nods, wore a white shirt and pants combo that highlights her red hair even more. Hyping up her opening performance, she tweeted, "Billboooooaaaaarrrrrrddddsssss!!!!!! In THE VEGAS!!! Don't forget to watch me open up the show tonight! #RihannaNavy I love you guys."
Nicki, on the other hand, brought some splash of colors to the white carpet. The 26-year-old raptress, who is nominated for four awards, donned a pink wig and sported a tight light blue bodysuit. Showing a contrasting look was Disney darling Selena. The 18-year-old flaunted her sexier side by wearing a black Dolce&Gabbana dress with cutouts.
Also looking hot in black when hitting the white carpet was Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) of the Black Eyed Peas and Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum. Both Fergie and Hillary wore a little black dress for the event. While Fergie posed with band mate Taboo on the white carpet, Hillary was joined by Charles Kelley and Dave Haywood.
Mary J. Blige, Kelly Rowland, Ke$ha and Nicole Kidman were also among the female celebrities spotted arriving on the white carpet on Sunday night. In the male department, the white carpet saw the attendance of Keith Urban, Joe Jonas, Nas, "Glee" hunk Matthew Morrison and many others.
Selena Gomez on the White Carpet:
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'