Jennifer Lawrence Cast as Young Mom in Sissy Spacek's 'Sweet Tea'
From a teenage assassin in "The Hunger Games", Jennifer Lawrence jumps in age in Sissy Spacek's "Sweet Tea". In the down south love story drama, the 20-year-old is to play a young Southern mother who "gets married young and meets another man and starts thinking that maybe she made a mistake."
This would be Spacek's directorial debut. Speaking of working with the Oscar winner, Lawrence told EW, "Sissy is nice, normal, just a mom," she said, "and a great director too." What attracted Lawrence to "Sweet Tea" is also the script which is written by "Blood Diamond" scribe, C. Gaby Mitchell.
Lawrence, who is one of the most demanded actress nowadays, is to start filming the movie one or two weeks after "Hunger Games" wraps up. "Right after!" Lawrence said. "I was like damnnnnnn. When I read the script and I loved it I was like 'Ohhhhh! Because I knew it was going to have to be directly after and I'm just going to be exhausted but I can't help it. I love it." The actress has begun the filming of "Hunger Games" last week in California.
"If 'Hunger Games' goes well, I can just do the things that I really want," she added. "If the scripts are not what I absolutely love I don't have to do them. I can just rest. So that's what I keep saying to scripts. It's good but not better than sleep."
Update (May 25, 2011 01:36:22 GMT): Entertainment Weekly has taken down their story and sources close to the project tell The Playlist that Lawrence is not attached to the film.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage