M-Bone's Funeral to Be Opened to Public
Fans will be able to pay their final respect to the late Cali Swag District member, M-Bone. On Friday, May 20, it was announced that family of the "Teach Me How to Dougie" rapper, whose real name is Mante Talbert, has decided to open up his funeral to the public.
In a statement released, Cali Swag's publicist said, "There has been a tremendous outreach of concern and the family would like to have the funeral open to the public and fans that would like to support." Services will take place next Friday, May 27, at 11 A.M. PT at Faithful Central Bible Church in Inglewood, California.
M-Bone was gunned down outside a liquor store in Inglewood last Sunday night, May 15. Inglewood Police Department Homicide Sgt. Brian Spencer told MTV News that he was fatally shot in the head while sitting in the driver's seat of a black vehicle. Investigation over the shooting is still underway. It was suggested earlier that a Twitter war over a girl might be one of the possible causes.
After news broke of M-Bone's tragic passing, bandmate C-Smoove ruled out gang violence as a possible cause. In a video posted on TMZ, he said, "I wanna clear up: It had nothing to do with gang violence, it wasn't nothing like that. It was just a 'wrong place at the wrong time' situation." Another band member JayAre, meanwhile, expressed his grief of losing the 22-year old.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media