M-Bone's Funeral to Be Opened to Public
Fans will be able to pay their final respect to the late Cali Swag District member, M-Bone. On Friday, May 20, it was announced that family of the "Teach Me How to Dougie" rapper, whose real name is Mante Talbert, has decided to open up his funeral to the public.
In a statement released, Cali Swag's publicist said, "There has been a tremendous outreach of concern and the family would like to have the funeral open to the public and fans that would like to support." Services will take place next Friday, May 27, at 11 A.M. PT at Faithful Central Bible Church in Inglewood, California.
M-Bone was gunned down outside a liquor store in Inglewood last Sunday night, May 15. Inglewood Police Department Homicide Sgt. Brian Spencer told MTV News that he was fatally shot in the head while sitting in the driver's seat of a black vehicle. Investigation over the shooting is still underway. It was suggested earlier that a Twitter war over a girl might be one of the possible causes.
After news broke of M-Bone's tragic passing, bandmate C-Smoove ruled out gang violence as a possible cause. In a video posted on TMZ, he said, "I wanna clear up: It had nothing to do with gang violence, it wasn't nothing like that. It was just a 'wrong place at the wrong time' situation." Another band member JayAre, meanwhile, expressed his grief of losing the 22-year old.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones