Bids on Princess Beatrice' Royal Wedding Hat Exceed $100K
The bidding race to get the wacky hat Princess Beatrice wore to the April 29 wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton has passed the $100,000 mark. With just two days left in the auction, the bids for the Philip Treacy's creation reached the prize of $121,422.83. There have been 101 bids placed for the headpiece.
The auction on eBay, which started with an opening bid of $8,229, will end Sunday, May 22. All the proceeds from the sale will go to UNICEF and for Children in Crisis. Of the hat, Princess Beatrice said, "I've been amazed by the amount of attention the hat has attracted. It's a wonderful opportunity to raise as much money as possible for two fantastic charities. I hope whoever wins the auction has as much fun with the hat as I have."
Both charities have released statement over the British royal's initiative to auction her hat for good cause. Koy Thomson, the Chief Executive of Children in Crisis, said, "Princess Beatrice is a tremendous ambassador for the charity and we are extremely grateful for her support with this great initiative.
UNICEF U.K.'s Director of Fundraising, Julie Weston, said in another statement, "UNICEF U.K. is absolutely delighted that Beatrice is putting all of the publicity around her hat to the best possible use, raising money for the world's most vulnerable children. We take our hat off to her for helping UNICEF to change children's lives."
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018