Scotty McCreery Lets Lauren Alaina Choose Singing Order in 'American Idol' Finale
Scotty McCreery has given the right to pick the singing order in "American Idol" finale to Lauren Alaina. The 17-year-old guy won a coin toss to determine who would choose whether to perform first or second next week, but then deferred to Lauren.
Ryan Seacrest tossed a coin, reportedly featuring Scotty's face on one side and Lauren's on the other, which landed on Scotty's side. In a generous manner, however, Scotty asked Lauren if she preferred to go first or second, and the 16-year-old Georgia native chose second.
Scotty and Lauren will be battling it out to be the winner of "American Idol" season 10 after Haley Reinhart was voted off on Thursday, May 19. The top 2 finalists will perform on Tuesday, May 24 from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, with the winner announced on Wednesday.
"Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever dreamed I would have made it this far," Scotty confessed how he feels about getting the chance to be in the finale. Meanwhile, Alaina said, "I felt like I was going to pass out. I was crossing my fingers and praying (host Ryan Seacrest) was going to call out my name. I feel so blessed to be here, I cannot believe it."
More American Idol News
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle