Scotty McCreery Lets Lauren Alaina Choose Singing Order in 'American Idol' Finale
Scotty McCreery has given the right to pick the singing order in "American Idol" finale to Lauren Alaina. The 17-year-old guy won a coin toss to determine who would choose whether to perform first or second next week, but then deferred to Lauren.
Ryan Seacrest tossed a coin, reportedly featuring Scotty's face on one side and Lauren's on the other, which landed on Scotty's side. In a generous manner, however, Scotty asked Lauren if she preferred to go first or second, and the 16-year-old Georgia native chose second.
Scotty and Lauren will be battling it out to be the winner of "American Idol" season 10 after Haley Reinhart was voted off on Thursday, May 19. The top 2 finalists will perform on Tuesday, May 24 from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, with the winner announced on Wednesday.
"Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever dreamed I would have made it this far," Scotty confessed how he feels about getting the chance to be in the finale. Meanwhile, Alaina said, "I felt like I was going to pass out. I was crossing my fingers and praying (host Ryan Seacrest) was going to call out my name. I feel so blessed to be here, I cannot believe it."
More American Idol News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal