Scotty McCreery Lets Lauren Alaina Choose Singing Order in 'American Idol' Finale
Scotty McCreery has given the right to pick the singing order in "American Idol" finale to Lauren Alaina. The 17-year-old guy won a coin toss to determine who would choose whether to perform first or second next week, but then deferred to Lauren.
Ryan Seacrest tossed a coin, reportedly featuring Scotty's face on one side and Lauren's on the other, which landed on Scotty's side. In a generous manner, however, Scotty asked Lauren if she preferred to go first or second, and the 16-year-old Georgia native chose second.
Scotty and Lauren will be battling it out to be the winner of "American Idol" season 10 after Haley Reinhart was voted off on Thursday, May 19. The top 2 finalists will perform on Tuesday, May 24 from the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles, with the winner announced on Wednesday.
"Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever dreamed I would have made it this far," Scotty confessed how he feels about getting the chance to be in the finale. Meanwhile, Alaina said, "I felt like I was going to pass out. I was crossing my fingers and praying (host Ryan Seacrest) was going to call out my name. I feel so blessed to be here, I cannot believe it."
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant