'Green Lantern' Corps. History Explained in New Trailer
The second "Green Lantern" trailer which has just been released focuses on the history of Green Lantern Corps and how, for the first time, a human from Earth got involved. Featuring a narration from Geoffrey Rush's Tomar-Re, it begins with "Billions of years ago, a race of immortals harnessed the most powerful force in existence - the emerald energy of willpower."
Lantern Corps is formed by sending out powered rings that will choose only the ones without fear. Together, these chosen ones keep the peace on the universe, mainly against the yellow power of fear from Parallax. After the villain defeated the Corps' finest warrior, dying Abin Sur sends a ring to find a new hope. The willpower ring lands its choice on Hal Jordan.
"Green Lantern" stars Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, Blake Lively as Carol Ferris and Peter Sarsgaard as Dr. Hector Hammond. Director Martin Campbell recently defended the fact that Green Lantern is lesser known superhero, saying "Green Lantern may be a tiny bit better known than Iron Man was, but Iron Man was a bloody good film, which made the difference. But certainly from Batman or Superman we're a level down in terms of being recognized."
Released in 3D, the film would hit theaters June 17 in the United States.
More Green Lantern News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics