'Green Lantern' Corps. History Explained in New Trailer
The second "Green Lantern" trailer which has just been released focuses on the history of Green Lantern Corps and how, for the first time, a human from Earth got involved. Featuring a narration from Geoffrey Rush's Tomar-Re, it begins with "Billions of years ago, a race of immortals harnessed the most powerful force in existence - the emerald energy of willpower."
Lantern Corps is formed by sending out powered rings that will choose only the ones without fear. Together, these chosen ones keep the peace on the universe, mainly against the yellow power of fear from Parallax. After the villain defeated the Corps' finest warrior, dying Abin Sur sends a ring to find a new hope. The willpower ring lands its choice on Hal Jordan.
"Green Lantern" stars Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan, Blake Lively as Carol Ferris and Peter Sarsgaard as Dr. Hector Hammond. Director Martin Campbell recently defended the fact that Green Lantern is lesser known superhero, saying "Green Lantern may be a tiny bit better known than Iron Man was, but Iron Man was a bloody good film, which made the difference. But certainly from Batman or Superman we're a level down in terms of being recognized."
Released in 3D, the film would hit theaters June 17 in the United States.
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!