Marion Cotillard Gave Birth to Baby Boy in Paris
French actress Marion Cotillard has added 'mother' into her life roles. On Thursday, May 19, she gave birth to her first son named Marcel whose father is her actor-director boyfriend of three years, Guillaume Canet. "Mother and baby are fine," said People's source, who added that the actress is "very happy."
Cotillard and Canet met when they co-starred in 2003's "Love Me If You Dare". They began dating in 2007 and sparked engagement rumor late last year when she was spotted with a ring on her left hand. Their rep announced the pregnancy in January this year but did not discuss about engagement.
Back in 2009, she said in an interview about the idea of marriage, "You can't work all your life. I was thinking, of course, about my life, which is a lucky, lucky, lucky life. I have the choice to take a big break and I have to do that. I want to have babies so I must take some time to have babies."
Cotillard, who skipped the Cannes appearance for "Midnight in Paris" recently, is expected to get in shape as soon as possible. She is attached to the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises" which has begun the principal photography in areas of London. The film is scheduled to hit theaters July 20, 2012.
More Marion Cotillard News
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor