Mia Amber Davis Has Been Laid to Rest
More than a week after her sudden passing, "Road Trip" actress Mia Amber Davis was laid to rest. Funeral services for the late plus-sized model were held on Thursday, May 19 in New York, her cousin Dr. Mignon R. Moore informed E! News.
The model/actress, who used to serve as a producer on "Divorce Court", put to rest at Kew Gardens' historic Maple Grove cemetery in the borough of Queens. Her family has created the Mia Amber Memorial Fund so that fans who wish to honor her memory can send donation in lieu of flowers.
Mia passed away last Tuesday, May 10 after undergoing a knee surgery to correct an old sports injury. Her husband Michael Yard was informed that the 36-year-old was likely to have died from a blood clot on Wednesday night. "Nothing has been confirmed but the coroner did tell us that he thinks Mia died from a blood clot related to the knee surgery," her cousin Dr. Mignon told E!.
"We are just now finding this out that this is all too common and people don't know the risks of arthroscopic surgery. They need to be made aware of the risks," she added. Of Mia's passing, she said, "This was such an unexpected loss, and she went to a very reputable physician. I took her myself on the day of her surgery and within 24 hours she was dead."
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip