'American Idol' Result: Scotty Goes to Finale as Haley Eliminated
"American Idol" top 2 have been revealed on Thursday, May 19. Based on 95 million votes that came in for the three contestants' performances, Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina nabbed the two spots in the finale, while Haley Reinhart had to go home.
Haley took a tumble during the performance show on May 18 when singing Led Zeppelin's "What Is and What Should Never Be". She got right back up and completed her song, and Jennifer Lopez praised her, "I've fallen, Beyonce's fallen ... You keep going. It's a sign of a professional who knows what they're doing."
Aside from the stage mishap, Haley's singing impressed judges as well. She won the first round where the finalists chose their own songs, after Randy Jackson declared it was one of Haley's best performances ever.
The result show was kicked off with a promo for upcoming movie "Super 8" where Scotty, Lauren and Haley were joined by fourth placer James Durbin to visit Bad Robot to see some scenes from the J.J. Abrams-directed film. Performing that night were Italian trio Il Volo who sang "O Sole Mio", and Nicole Scherzinger who collaborated with 50 Cent to sing "Right There".
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'