'American Idol' Result: Scotty Goes to Finale as Haley Eliminated
"American Idol" top 2 have been revealed on Thursday, May 19. Based on 95 million votes that came in for the three contestants' performances, Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina nabbed the two spots in the finale, while Haley Reinhart had to go home.
Haley took a tumble during the performance show on May 18 when singing Led Zeppelin's "What Is and What Should Never Be". She got right back up and completed her song, and Jennifer Lopez praised her, "I've fallen, Beyonce's fallen ... You keep going. It's a sign of a professional who knows what they're doing."
Aside from the stage mishap, Haley's singing impressed judges as well. She won the first round where the finalists chose their own songs, after Randy Jackson declared it was one of Haley's best performances ever.
The result show was kicked off with a promo for upcoming movie "Super 8" where Scotty, Lauren and Haley were joined by fourth placer James Durbin to visit Bad Robot to see some scenes from the J.J. Abrams-directed film. Performing that night were Italian trio Il Volo who sang "O Sole Mio", and Nicole Scherzinger who collaborated with 50 Cent to sing "Right There".
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!