'American Idol' Result: Scotty Goes to Finale as Haley Eliminated
"American Idol" top 2 have been revealed on Thursday, May 19. Based on 95 million votes that came in for the three contestants' performances, Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina nabbed the two spots in the finale, while Haley Reinhart had to go home.
Haley took a tumble during the performance show on May 18 when singing Led Zeppelin's "What Is and What Should Never Be". She got right back up and completed her song, and Jennifer Lopez praised her, "I've fallen, Beyonce's fallen ... You keep going. It's a sign of a professional who knows what they're doing."
Aside from the stage mishap, Haley's singing impressed judges as well. She won the first round where the finalists chose their own songs, after Randy Jackson declared it was one of Haley's best performances ever.
The result show was kicked off with a promo for upcoming movie "Super 8" where Scotty, Lauren and Haley were joined by fourth placer James Durbin to visit Bad Robot to see some scenes from the J.J. Abrams-directed film. Performing that night were Italian trio Il Volo who sang "O Sole Mio", and Nicole Scherzinger who collaborated with 50 Cent to sing "Right There".
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture