Graduating From NYU, James Franco Snapped in Blue Gown
James Franco has earned a master's degree in filmmaking. The "127 Hours" actor graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts on Monday, May 16, and a fellow graduate took a photo of him standing among his peers in a traditional purple robe and black mortarboard.
The graduation ceremony won't be James' last appearance on the campus. The 33-year-old Oscar nominee is expected to return as a graduate instructor at the university's Kanbar Institute of Film & Television in the fall. New York Daily News reported he will be advising students on how to make a film adaptation of a Louise Gluck poem.
Having graduated from UCLA with an undergraduate degree in English in June 2008, James got a degree in creative writing from Columbia University, and studied poetry at Warren Wilson College in North Carolina. He currently works towards a Ph.D. in English at Yale, and will begin his doctoral program in literature and creative writing at University of Houston in fall 2012.
Speaking of his love for school, the "Your Highness" actor told People Magazine last year, "I go to school because I love being around people who are interested in what I'm interested in and I'm having a great experience." He explained further, "School is a way to take my other pursuits like directing and writing seriously."
More James Franco News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny