'Grease' Actor Jeff Conaway in Coma After Possible Overdose
Jeff Conaway has slipped into a coma following a possible overdose. Phil Brock, a manager for the actor known for his role as Kenickie in "Grease", confirmed to E! News on Wednesday, May 18. "He is in a coma and unresponsive at this time," so said the representative about the actor's current condition.
Los Angeles Times reported earlier that the 60-year-old actor has been hospitalized with pneumonia. Phil told E! that the actor showed a positive sign two days ago. "He turned his head two days ago, but nothing since," the manager said, adding that family members have been waiting for news. Still, he remained mum on what the actor may have OD'd on.
Jeff shot to stardom in the '70s and '80s with his roles in "Grease" as well as on TV series "Taxi". He has been struggling with substance abuse for years. In 2008, he joined "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" to deal with his addiction to cocaine, painkillers and alcohol. In January 2010, he fell down a staircase when under the influence of methadone and OxyContin. He suffered a broken hip, a broken arm, a fractured neck and a brain hemorrhage.
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant