'Grease' Actor Jeff Conaway in Coma After Possible Overdose
Jeff Conaway has slipped into a coma following a possible overdose. Phil Brock, a manager for the actor known for his role as Kenickie in "Grease", confirmed to E! News on Wednesday, May 18. "He is in a coma and unresponsive at this time," so said the representative about the actor's current condition.
Los Angeles Times reported earlier that the 60-year-old actor has been hospitalized with pneumonia. Phil told E! that the actor showed a positive sign two days ago. "He turned his head two days ago, but nothing since," the manager said, adding that family members have been waiting for news. Still, he remained mum on what the actor may have OD'd on.
Jeff shot to stardom in the '70s and '80s with his roles in "Grease" as well as on TV series "Taxi". He has been struggling with substance abuse for years. In 2008, he joined "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" to deal with his addiction to cocaine, painkillers and alcohol. In January 2010, he fell down a staircase when under the influence of methadone and OxyContin. He suffered a broken hip, a broken arm, a fractured neck and a brain hemorrhage.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger