'Grease' Actor Jeff Conaway in Coma After Possible Overdose
Jeff Conaway has slipped into a coma following a possible overdose. Phil Brock, a manager for the actor known for his role as Kenickie in "Grease", confirmed to E! News on Wednesday, May 18. "He is in a coma and unresponsive at this time," so said the representative about the actor's current condition.
Los Angeles Times reported earlier that the 60-year-old actor has been hospitalized with pneumonia. Phil told E! that the actor showed a positive sign two days ago. "He turned his head two days ago, but nothing since," the manager said, adding that family members have been waiting for news. Still, he remained mum on what the actor may have OD'd on.
Jeff shot to stardom in the '70s and '80s with his roles in "Grease" as well as on TV series "Taxi". He has been struggling with substance abuse for years. In 2008, he joined "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" to deal with his addiction to cocaine, painkillers and alcohol. In January 2010, he fell down a staircase when under the influence of methadone and OxyContin. He suffered a broken hip, a broken arm, a fractured neck and a brain hemorrhage.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back