'Grease' Actor Jeff Conaway in Coma After Possible Overdose
Jeff Conaway has slipped into a coma following a possible overdose. Phil Brock, a manager for the actor known for his role as Kenickie in "Grease", confirmed to E! News on Wednesday, May 18. "He is in a coma and unresponsive at this time," so said the representative about the actor's current condition.
Los Angeles Times reported earlier that the 60-year-old actor has been hospitalized with pneumonia. Phil told E! that the actor showed a positive sign two days ago. "He turned his head two days ago, but nothing since," the manager said, adding that family members have been waiting for news. Still, he remained mum on what the actor may have OD'd on.
Jeff shot to stardom in the '70s and '80s with his roles in "Grease" as well as on TV series "Taxi". He has been struggling with substance abuse for years. In 2008, he joined "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" to deal with his addiction to cocaine, painkillers and alcohol. In January 2010, he fell down a staircase when under the influence of methadone and OxyContin. He suffered a broken hip, a broken arm, a fractured neck and a brain hemorrhage.
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra
- Khloe Kardashian Refuses to Pay Lamar Odom Spousal Support
- Netflix Releases Trailer and Release Date for 'The Little Prince'
- 'Westworld' and SJP's 'Divorce' Set for Fall Premieres
- Reasons Behind Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Divorce Are Revealed. Is She Using Him for Fame?
- Adele Hilariously Curses Onstage After Forgetting Her Own Lyrics at Concert