'Grease' Actor Jeff Conaway in Coma After Possible Overdose
Jeff Conaway has slipped into a coma following a possible overdose. Phil Brock, a manager for the actor known for his role as Kenickie in "Grease", confirmed to E! News on Wednesday, May 18. "He is in a coma and unresponsive at this time," so said the representative about the actor's current condition.
Los Angeles Times reported earlier that the 60-year-old actor has been hospitalized with pneumonia. Phil told E! that the actor showed a positive sign two days ago. "He turned his head two days ago, but nothing since," the manager said, adding that family members have been waiting for news. Still, he remained mum on what the actor may have OD'd on.
Jeff shot to stardom in the '70s and '80s with his roles in "Grease" as well as on TV series "Taxi". He has been struggling with substance abuse for years. In 2008, he joined "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" to deal with his addiction to cocaine, painkillers and alcohol. In January 2010, he fell down a staircase when under the influence of methadone and OxyContin. He suffered a broken hip, a broken arm, a fractured neck and a brain hemorrhage.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7