Jimmy Kimmel Takes a Jab at Ashton Kutcher and 'X Factor' at ABC's Upfront
Following the tradition, Jimmy Kimmel was brought to ABC's annual upfront presentation in New York on Tuesday, May 17 to present his monologue. While the alphabet was promoting its new series, the funnyman took the stage to take a jab at other networks and their shows.
One of his best lines was about Ashton Kutcher who has just been tapped to star on "Two and a Half Men". Joking on how the "No Strings Attached" actor will make a good replacement for Charlie Sheen on the CBS sitcom, Kimmel said, "Remember, he did a very good job replacing Bruce Willis."
On FOX's new reality show "The X Factor (US)", the host of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" called it "the best idea of 2002", before adding "It's like 'American Idol' meets a mirror." Mocking NBC programming chief Bob Greenblatt who thanked God for "The Voice" during NBC's upfront on Monday, May 16, the funnyman said, "God has nothing to do with what's happening at NBC. God stopped watching NBC after 'Friends'!"
Not stopping there, Kimmel also poked fun at his own network. "Remember those shows we were so excited about last fall? We canceled all of them," he said of ABC's line-up. "And yet here you are again. You might have a gambling problem." He additionally suggested entrepreneurs to invent "Shark Tank" replacement while participating on the ABC reality show itself.
While ABC was promoting its new series at its upfront presentaion, soap fans made use of the event to express their disappointment regarding "All My Children" and "One Life to Live" cancellation. In the demonstration organized by SoapFansUnited.com, about 30 people stood behind police barricades near Avery Fisher Hall and urged advertisers to "consider carefully whether ABC/Disney's strategy will increase your company's revenue or create consumer loyalty toward your products."
More Jimmy Kimmel News
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- John Carpenter Shares Brutal Thoughts on 'Halloween' Remake, Slams Rob Zombie
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- Artist of the Week: Lady GaGa
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush