M-Bone's Family Want Reward Offered in Murder Case
People close to M-Bone aren't staying quiet while investigators continue their search for his killer. Family of the Cali Swag District member, who was shot to death on Sunday night, May 15, are joining community activists and friends in asking the Inglewood City Council to set up a large reward for information that will lead to solving of the murder case.
NBC Los Angeles reported that the late rapper's mother pleaded, "I'm asking if you can help capture whoever killed my son." Additionally, Earl Ofari Hutchinson of Los Angeles Urban Policy Roundtable explained the large reward will send a very clear message. Quoted by ABC, he stressed, "It's not just the money."
"It sends a real message that this city, this community, really appreciates what this young man represented in his short life and we're determined that his murder is not going to go unpunished, and we mean swiftly," Earl elaborated his statement. "And so it sends that strong message."
M-Bone was gunned down in a drive-by shooting last Sunday. Inglewood Police Department Homicide Sgt. Brian Spencer told MTV News that the "Teach Me How to Dougie" rapper was shot in the head sitting in the driver's seat of a black vehicle. Motive behind the shooting remains under investigation. TMZ suggested that a war of words on Twitter over a girl might be one of the possible causes.
Bandmates C-Smoove and JayAre have responded to M-Bone's death. In a video posted on TMZ, C-Smoove said, "I wanna clear up: It had nothing to do with gang violence, it wasn't nothing like that. It was just a 'wrong place at the wrong time' situation." JayAre, meanwhile, said, "He was a brother to me. He meant a lot. I don't even feel the same without him."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics