Armie Hammer Confirmed to Star in 'The Lone Ranger'
After being rumored to be the front-runner to star in "The Lone Ranger", Armie Hammer is now attached to take the lead role. Variety reports that the star of "The Social Network" has been confirmed to play the masked Texas ranger in the Walt Disney Pictures film.
Hammer will join Johnny Depp, who will portray the ranger's sidekick Tonto. Speaking of his character, Depp previously said, "I always felt Native Americans were badly portrayed in Hollywood films over the decades. It's a real opportunity for me to give a salute to them. Tonto was a sidekick in all the Lone Ranger series. [This film] is a very different approach to that partnership. And a funny one I think."
Adapted from George W. Trendle's classic old-time radio and early television show of the same name, "The Lone Ranger" revolves around a masked Texas Ranger who survived the deathly ambush by a gang of outlaws. Accompanied by his native American assistant Tonto and white horse named Silver, he sets his sight to bring every outlaw in the Old West to justice. "Pirates of the Caribbean" writers Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio will pen the script.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune