Armie Hammer Confirmed to Star in 'The Lone Ranger'
After being rumored to be the front-runner to star in "The Lone Ranger", Armie Hammer is now attached to take the lead role. Variety reports that the star of "The Social Network" has been confirmed to play the masked Texas ranger in the Walt Disney Pictures film.
Hammer will join Johnny Depp, who will portray the ranger's sidekick Tonto. Speaking of his character, Depp previously said, "I always felt Native Americans were badly portrayed in Hollywood films over the decades. It's a real opportunity for me to give a salute to them. Tonto was a sidekick in all the Lone Ranger series. [This film] is a very different approach to that partnership. And a funny one I think."
Adapted from George W. Trendle's classic old-time radio and early television show of the same name, "The Lone Ranger" revolves around a masked Texas Ranger who survived the deathly ambush by a gang of outlaws. Accompanied by his native American assistant Tonto and white horse named Silver, he sets his sight to bring every outlaw in the Old West to justice. "Pirates of the Caribbean" writers Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio will pen the script.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy