Lisa Edelstein Officially Leaves 'House M.D.'
Dr. House is losing Dr. Cuddy for good. Lisa Edelstein who portrays the on-and-off love interest of the title character on "House M.D." has decided not to return to season 8 following report she would get her current salary of $175,000 an episode cut.
Edelstein, whose contract was set to expire at the end of season 7, announced her departure from the drama series on Tuesday, May 17. "After much consideration, I am moving onward with a combination of disappointment at leaving behind a character I have loved playing for seven years and excitement of the new opportunities in acting and producing that lie ahead," she said in a statement.
Since releasing the statement, Edelstein has apparently received many reactions from fans to which she replied via her Twitter, "I am reading all your kind thoughts and it feels great to have such support. You are the best!"
FOX and NBC Universal have not commented on the news. Previously, executive producer Katie Jacobs said she would "not rest" until Edelstein was on board for an eighth season, stating "Lisa is such a valuable member." With Edelstein leaving, Olivia Wilde is the only regular female cast member remaining on the show.
FOX has just renewed "House" for an eighth season earlier this month with Hugh Laurie hinting that it will be the last as well. The House depicter said at that time, "The end of (the eighth) season, right now, looks like the end of the show. That is as far as they have got me for."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby