Maria Shriver Dined With Oprah Winfrey Before Arnold Schwarzenegger Admitted Infidelity
Maria Shriver has gone out for a dinner with long-time friend Oprah Winfrey. The estranged wife of Arnold Schwarzenegger was joined by the daytime talk show queen for a meal at Chicago's RL Restaurant on Monday night, May 16, just before her husband's revelation that he fathered another child while they were married was made public.
In fact, Radar Online reported that Maria learned that Arnold was going public with his infidelity and love child during the dinner. An eyewitness told the gossip site, "Maria had a very animated, very emotional 15 minute phone call. She was very upset and from what she was saying, it was obvious that she was getting some stunning news." The observer added, "She left the dinner right after the call."
During the dinner, Maria and Oprah were joined by the former's daughters, Katherine and Christina, as well as the latter's partner Stedman Graham and best friend Gayle King. "She was there with her daughters," another witness told People Magazine. "The reservation was in Oprah's name." It was said that they were at the restaurant "for several hours."
The publication additionally reported that Maria flew to Chicago to film a previously scheduled segment with Gayle for an upcoming special to air as part of "The Oprah Winfrey Show".
Arnold recently spilled the beans on the real reason behind his separation to Maria. In a statement he shared with Los Angeles Times, the 63-year-old said, "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family."
Maria herself has responded to Arnold's public confession. "This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children. I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment," so she said in her first statement since announcing her separation from the "Terminator" star.
More Arnold Schwarzenegger News
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'
- AMC Renews 'Into the Badlands' for Expanded Season 3
- Juicy! Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt in Thong One-Piece