Maria Shriver Dined With Oprah Winfrey Before Arnold Schwarzenegger Admitted Infidelity
Maria Shriver has gone out for a dinner with long-time friend Oprah Winfrey. The estranged wife of Arnold Schwarzenegger was joined by the daytime talk show queen for a meal at Chicago's RL Restaurant on Monday night, May 16, just before her husband's revelation that he fathered another child while they were married was made public.
In fact, Radar Online reported that Maria learned that Arnold was going public with his infidelity and love child during the dinner. An eyewitness told the gossip site, "Maria had a very animated, very emotional 15 minute phone call. She was very upset and from what she was saying, it was obvious that she was getting some stunning news." The observer added, "She left the dinner right after the call."
During the dinner, Maria and Oprah were joined by the former's daughters, Katherine and Christina, as well as the latter's partner Stedman Graham and best friend Gayle King. "She was there with her daughters," another witness told People Magazine. "The reservation was in Oprah's name." It was said that they were at the restaurant "for several hours."
The publication additionally reported that Maria flew to Chicago to film a previously scheduled segment with Gayle for an upcoming special to air as part of "The Oprah Winfrey Show".
Arnold recently spilled the beans on the real reason behind his separation to Maria. In a statement he shared with Los Angeles Times, the 63-year-old said, "After leaving the governor's office I told my wife about this event, which occurred over a decade ago. I understand and deserve the feelings of anger and disappointment among my friends and family."
Maria herself has responded to Arnold's public confession. "This is a painful and heartbreaking time. As a mother, my concern is for the children. I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment," so she said in her first statement since announcing her separation from the "Terminator" star.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia