Maria Shriver Finally Breaks Silence Over Marriage Turmoil
Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife Maria Shriver is finally talking about their marriage breakup. Her first statement since the couple announced a separation earlier this month was given to People on the same day Schwarzenegger admitted to the world that he fathers a child with a staffer while he was married to Shriver.
"This is a painful and heartbreaking time," said Shriver. "As a mother, my concern is for the children. I ask for compassion, respect and privacy as my children and I try to rebuild our lives and heal. I will have no further comment."
Schwarzenegger and Shriver who tied the knot 25 years ago are parents to four children, aged 14 to 21.
Shriver's side of story has been the media's craving for several weeks now. Oprah Winfrey reportedly is the frontrunner in landing the first exclusive interview with the former journalist. TMZ said Oprah has nailed Shriver for the talk show finale.
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake