Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Dazzling at 'Tree of Life' Premiere in Cannes
Brad Pitt has attended 2011 Cannes Film Festival to premiere his forthcoming drama, "The Tree of Life". He was accompanied by his long-time partner Angelina Jolie when coming to the event, which took place in France on Monday, May 16.
Pitt, who stars as Mr. O'Brien, hit the red carpet in a black tuxedo, a white shirt, and a bow tie. In the meantime, Jolie stunned the crowd with her chocolate brown strapless gown, which was paired with matching Ferragamo shoes.
Also coming to the premiere was Jessica Chastain who takes the female lead role as Mrs. O'Brien, and Sean Penn who portrays Pitt's adult son Jack. Other Hollywood stars attending the event included Jude Law, Mia Wasikowska, Gwen Stefani, and Zoe Saldana.
Meanwhile, director Terrence Malick did not appear at the event, leaving Pitt do the talking. Pitt, defending the director's absence, said, "I believe I can speak for him. He thinks of himself as building a house. And I don't know why it is expected in our business that people who make things are then expected to sell them. He wants to focus on the making of, and not the selling of, the real estate. It is an odd thing for an artist to sculpt something and then be salesman."
During a press conference for the film, Pitt admitted that the director let the actors live as naturally as possible in an entire block of a suburban housing Malick rented. "He was like a guy with a big butterfly net, waiting for a moment of truth to go by," Pitt said. Chastain chimed in, "...It was all about capturing an accident."
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order