Tim Burton Drops 'Maleficent', 'Harry Potter' Director's Name Up
Tim Burton reportedly leaves Walt Disney Pictures' "Maleficent". There is still no word on why the "Alice in Wonderland" helmer, who has been attached to the forthcoming project since January 2010, dropped out of the Angelina Jolie-starring movie.
Following Burton's departure, Walt Disney Pictures is now on the hunt to find a new director. The Hollywood Reporter says that David Yates, the director of the last four "Harry Potter" films, is one name potentially replacing Burton.
Burton himself, in the meantime, still has some movies lined-up in front of him, including "Frankenweenie" which will make its way out on October 5, 2012. He is also working for the big screen adaptation of "Dark Shadows" at Warner Bros. Pictures.
"Maleficent" is a retelling of 1959's animated movie "Sleeping Beauty" from the evil witch's point of view. The upcoming fantasy film has Linda Woolverton, who provided script for "Alice in Wonderland", pen the script.
More Maleficent News
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'