Tim Burton Drops 'Maleficent', 'Harry Potter' Director's Name Up
Tim Burton reportedly leaves Walt Disney Pictures' "Maleficent". There is still no word on why the "Alice in Wonderland" helmer, who has been attached to the forthcoming project since January 2010, dropped out of the Angelina Jolie-starring movie.
Following Burton's departure, Walt Disney Pictures is now on the hunt to find a new director. The Hollywood Reporter says that David Yates, the director of the last four "Harry Potter" films, is one name potentially replacing Burton.
Burton himself, in the meantime, still has some movies lined-up in front of him, including "Frankenweenie" which will make its way out on October 5, 2012. He is also working for the big screen adaptation of "Dark Shadows" at Warner Bros. Pictures.
"Maleficent" is a retelling of 1959's animated movie "Sleeping Beauty" from the evil witch's point of view. The upcoming fantasy film has Linda Woolverton, who provided script for "Alice in Wonderland", pen the script.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier