Tim Burton Drops 'Maleficent', 'Harry Potter' Director's Name Up
Tim Burton reportedly leaves Walt Disney Pictures' "Maleficent". There is still no word on why the "Alice in Wonderland" helmer, who has been attached to the forthcoming project since January 2010, dropped out of the Angelina Jolie-starring movie.
Following Burton's departure, Walt Disney Pictures is now on the hunt to find a new director. The Hollywood Reporter says that David Yates, the director of the last four "Harry Potter" films, is one name potentially replacing Burton.
Burton himself, in the meantime, still has some movies lined-up in front of him, including "Frankenweenie" which will make its way out on October 5, 2012. He is also working for the big screen adaptation of "Dark Shadows" at Warner Bros. Pictures.
"Maleficent" is a retelling of 1959's animated movie "Sleeping Beauty" from the evil witch's point of view. The upcoming fantasy film has Linda Woolverton, who provided script for "Alice in Wonderland", pen the script.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet