Tim Burton Drops 'Maleficent', 'Harry Potter' Director's Name Up
Tim Burton reportedly leaves Walt Disney Pictures' "Maleficent". There is still no word on why the "Alice in Wonderland" helmer, who has been attached to the forthcoming project since January 2010, dropped out of the Angelina Jolie-starring movie.
Following Burton's departure, Walt Disney Pictures is now on the hunt to find a new director. The Hollywood Reporter says that David Yates, the director of the last four "Harry Potter" films, is one name potentially replacing Burton.
Burton himself, in the meantime, still has some movies lined-up in front of him, including "Frankenweenie" which will make its way out on October 5, 2012. He is also working for the big screen adaptation of "Dark Shadows" at Warner Bros. Pictures.
"Maleficent" is a retelling of 1959's animated movie "Sleeping Beauty" from the evil witch's point of view. The upcoming fantasy film has Linda Woolverton, who provided script for "Alice in Wonderland", pen the script.
More Maleficent News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump