Tim Burton Drops 'Maleficent', 'Harry Potter' Director's Name Up
Tim Burton reportedly leaves Walt Disney Pictures' "Maleficent". There is still no word on why the "Alice in Wonderland" helmer, who has been attached to the forthcoming project since January 2010, dropped out of the Angelina Jolie-starring movie.
Following Burton's departure, Walt Disney Pictures is now on the hunt to find a new director. The Hollywood Reporter says that David Yates, the director of the last four "Harry Potter" films, is one name potentially replacing Burton.
Burton himself, in the meantime, still has some movies lined-up in front of him, including "Frankenweenie" which will make its way out on October 5, 2012. He is also working for the big screen adaptation of "Dark Shadows" at Warner Bros. Pictures.
"Maleficent" is a retelling of 1959's animated movie "Sleeping Beauty" from the evil witch's point of view. The upcoming fantasy film has Linda Woolverton, who provided script for "Alice in Wonderland", pen the script.
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes