Previews to New NBC Shows: 'Playboy', 'Smash' and More
After announcing their pickups for 2011 fall, NBC takes no time to introduce the new shows. The network has debuted sneak peeks to the newbies namely "The Playboy Club", "Smash", "Grimm" and "Whitney".
Starring Eddie Cibrian as an attorney, "The Playboy Club" is set in the 1960s when crooners, mob bosses, politicians and Chicago's elite play. Beside following Playboy bunnies, the drama series will apparently also deal with crimes as seen in one of the clips.
A project from the brain of Steven Spielberg, "Smash" has been dubbed "Glee" for adults. A sneak peek to the show highlights the singing skill of its cast, showing Katharine McPhee's Karen who delivers the cover version of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful".
"Grimm" is a fantastical cop drama set in a world in which Brothers Grimm fairy tales exist. The preview hints how dark it will be as it features a woman lying on a bed and trying to convince a young guy about a tale which turns out be reality, and that he is the last Grimm.
"Whitney", meanwhile, stars Whitney Cummings and revolves around the ups and downs of a young couple in a committed relationship. The clip teases viewers with its saucy but funny scene where at least half of the pair is seen having a unique way to communicate with the other.
These four shows along with some others have been listed in NBC's 2011-2012 primetime schedule. More sneak peeks to the network's new series can be seen on the official site.
"The Playboy Club" clip:
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'