Artist of the Week: Miguel
Newcomer in the Hip-Hop realm, Miguel storms into Billboard charts with his second single "Sure Thing". The mid-tempo song is number one at Top Heatseeker, number two at R 'n' B chart, and number 42 on Hot 100. In addition, the hit which was partly self-written is the first selection on Urban Mainstream radio airplay chart last week.
Speaking of the song that made his life different, Miguel wrote in his blog, "I seriously was at an all time low when I wrote 'Sure Thing': I didn't have a record deal, my girlfriend had just broke up with me (because I cheated on her), and to make money I sold extended car warranty's. ...I seriously wrote this song 'Sure Thing' so I'd never forget what real love felt like."
Miguel has worked with top-notched names including Usher, Mary J. Blige and J. Cole, the latest who was featured in his debut single "All I Want Is You". His album "All I Want Is You" has been sold 155,000 copies in the U.S. and peaked at number 37 on Hot 200 chart.
Those curious to find out more about Miguel can check him out at this year's Essence Festival which is held July 1 and on his official site.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs