Artist of the Week: Miguel
Newcomer in the Hip-Hop realm, Miguel storms into Billboard charts with his second single "Sure Thing". The mid-tempo song is number one at Top Heatseeker, number two at R 'n' B chart, and number 42 on Hot 100. In addition, the hit which was partly self-written is the first selection on Urban Mainstream radio airplay chart last week.
Speaking of the song that made his life different, Miguel wrote in his blog, "I seriously was at an all time low when I wrote 'Sure Thing': I didn't have a record deal, my girlfriend had just broke up with me (because I cheated on her), and to make money I sold extended car warranty's. ...I seriously wrote this song 'Sure Thing' so I'd never forget what real love felt like."
Miguel has worked with top-notched names including Usher, Mary J. Blige and J. Cole, the latest who was featured in his debut single "All I Want Is You". His album "All I Want Is You" has been sold 155,000 copies in the U.S. and peaked at number 37 on Hot 200 chart.
Those curious to find out more about Miguel can check him out at this year's Essence Festival which is held July 1 and on his official site.
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'