Angelina Jolie's Directorial Debut Gets Title and Distributor
Angelina Jolie's directorial debut has finally got its proper name and distributor. The film, which will make its way out Stateside on December 23, is entitled "In the Land of Blood and Honey" and will be distributed by FilmDistrict.
"The film is specific to the Bosnian War, but it's also universal," Jolie spoke about the romantic drama movie. "I wanted to tell a story of how human relationships and behavior are deeply affected by living inside a war."
Graham King, who finances "In the Land of Blood and Honey" with his GK Films partner Tim Headington, reveals his thought about working with the new director. He said, "Working with Angelina on this film and story has been a great collaboration and I am extremely proud of this film. The film making is impeccable, and signals the arrival of a visceral and compelling storyteller."
Set against the backdrop of Bosnian war, the movie "illustrates the consequences of the lack of political will to intervene in a society stricken with conflict". It will have completely local cast members, most of whom are children of the war, including Zana Marjanovic, Goran Kostic and Rade Serbedzija.
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene