Angelina Jolie's Directorial Debut Gets Title and Distributor
Angelina Jolie's directorial debut has finally got its proper name and distributor. The film, which will make its way out Stateside on December 23, is entitled "In the Land of Blood and Honey" and will be distributed by FilmDistrict.
"The film is specific to the Bosnian War, but it's also universal," Jolie spoke about the romantic drama movie. "I wanted to tell a story of how human relationships and behavior are deeply affected by living inside a war."
Graham King, who finances "In the Land of Blood and Honey" with his GK Films partner Tim Headington, reveals his thought about working with the new director. He said, "Working with Angelina on this film and story has been a great collaboration and I am extremely proud of this film. The film making is impeccable, and signals the arrival of a visceral and compelling storyteller."
Set against the backdrop of Bosnian war, the movie "illustrates the consequences of the lack of political will to intervene in a society stricken with conflict". It will have completely local cast members, most of whom are children of the war, including Zana Marjanovic, Goran Kostic and Rade Serbedzija.
- Snoop Dogg Unveils Cover Art of New Album 'Neva Left'
- Serena Williams Pens Touching Love Note to Her Unborn Child
- Naughty Ashley Graham Flaunts Major Cleavage While Dancing in Sexy Lingerie
- Kygo Releases Heartbreaking Video for 'It Ain't Me' Ft. Selena Gomez
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Features Shocking Elimination on 'Boy Bands and Girl Groups' Night
- See the Bonding Between Characters in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Featurette
- Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Flaunt Beach Bodies in Skimpy Bikinis During Mexican Trip
- Mel B Claims Stephen Belafonte Is Involved in Porn Industry