Angelina Jolie's Directorial Debut Gets Title and Distributor
Angelina Jolie's directorial debut has finally got its proper name and distributor. The film, which will make its way out Stateside on December 23, is entitled "In the Land of Blood and Honey" and will be distributed by FilmDistrict.
"The film is specific to the Bosnian War, but it's also universal," Jolie spoke about the romantic drama movie. "I wanted to tell a story of how human relationships and behavior are deeply affected by living inside a war."
Graham King, who finances "In the Land of Blood and Honey" with his GK Films partner Tim Headington, reveals his thought about working with the new director. He said, "Working with Angelina on this film and story has been a great collaboration and I am extremely proud of this film. The film making is impeccable, and signals the arrival of a visceral and compelling storyteller."
Set against the backdrop of Bosnian war, the movie "illustrates the consequences of the lack of political will to intervene in a society stricken with conflict". It will have completely local cast members, most of whom are children of the war, including Zana Marjanovic, Goran Kostic and Rade Serbedzija.
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016