Angelina Jolie's Directorial Debut Gets Title and Distributor
Angelina Jolie's directorial debut has finally got its proper name and distributor. The film, which will make its way out Stateside on December 23, is entitled "In the Land of Blood and Honey" and will be distributed by FilmDistrict.
"The film is specific to the Bosnian War, but it's also universal," Jolie spoke about the romantic drama movie. "I wanted to tell a story of how human relationships and behavior are deeply affected by living inside a war."
Graham King, who finances "In the Land of Blood and Honey" with his GK Films partner Tim Headington, reveals his thought about working with the new director. He said, "Working with Angelina on this film and story has been a great collaboration and I am extremely proud of this film. The film making is impeccable, and signals the arrival of a visceral and compelling storyteller."
Set against the backdrop of Bosnian war, the movie "illustrates the consequences of the lack of political will to intervene in a society stricken with conflict". It will have completely local cast members, most of whom are children of the war, including Zana Marjanovic, Goran Kostic and Rade Serbedzija.
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role