Saoirse Ronan to Be Gemma Arterton's Vampire Daughter in 'Byzantium'
After being rumored to star in "The Host (2012)" and "Anna Karenina", Oscar-nominee Saoirse Ronan is reported joining a new vampire film, "Byzantium". The "Hanna" star will allegedly star opposite Gemma Arterton.
The Hollywood Reporter says that Ronan and Arterton will take the female lead roles as a daughter and her mother in the upcoming movie, with Neil Jordan helming the project and Moira Buffini providing the script. Stephen Woolley, in the meantime, will serve as the producer.
"I love the horror genre and we've been working on this for three or four years," Woolley commented on how the idea of "Byzantium" happened. "I sent it to Neil and he liked the script. We'd both recently revisited Angela Carter's book and it was just chance that when I called [Jordan], we were thinking along the same lines."
In addition to Ronan and Arterton, Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes and Jeremy Irvine will allegedly take supporting roles. As for the plot, "Byzantium" tells a tale about a vampire mother who turns her daughter into a bloodsucker. Later, the two vampires form a lethal partnership, and sometimes pretend to be sisters. The production of the GBP8 million film is scheduled to take place in October.
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs