Saoirse Ronan to Be Gemma Arterton's Vampire Daughter in 'Byzantium'
After being rumored to star in "The Host (2012)" and "Anna Karenina", Oscar-nominee Saoirse Ronan is reported joining a new vampire film, "Byzantium". The "Hanna" star will allegedly star opposite Gemma Arterton.
The Hollywood Reporter says that Ronan and Arterton will take the female lead roles as a daughter and her mother in the upcoming movie, with Neil Jordan helming the project and Moira Buffini providing the script. Stephen Woolley, in the meantime, will serve as the producer.
"I love the horror genre and we've been working on this for three or four years," Woolley commented on how the idea of "Byzantium" happened. "I sent it to Neil and he liked the script. We'd both recently revisited Angela Carter's book and it was just chance that when I called [Jordan], we were thinking along the same lines."
In addition to Ronan and Arterton, Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes and Jeremy Irvine will allegedly take supporting roles. As for the plot, "Byzantium" tells a tale about a vampire mother who turns her daughter into a bloodsucker. Later, the two vampires form a lethal partnership, and sometimes pretend to be sisters. The production of the GBP8 million film is scheduled to take place in October.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked