Saoirse Ronan to Be Gemma Arterton's Vampire Daughter in 'Byzantium'
After being rumored to star in "The Host (2012)" and "Anna Karenina", Oscar-nominee Saoirse Ronan is reported joining a new vampire film, "Byzantium". The "Hanna" star will allegedly star opposite Gemma Arterton.
The Hollywood Reporter says that Ronan and Arterton will take the female lead roles as a daughter and her mother in the upcoming movie, with Neil Jordan helming the project and Moira Buffini providing the script. Stephen Woolley, in the meantime, will serve as the producer.
"I love the horror genre and we've been working on this for three or four years," Woolley commented on how the idea of "Byzantium" happened. "I sent it to Neil and he liked the script. We'd both recently revisited Angela Carter's book and it was just chance that when I called [Jordan], we were thinking along the same lines."
In addition to Ronan and Arterton, Helena Bonham Carter, Ralph Fiennes and Jeremy Irvine will allegedly take supporting roles. As for the plot, "Byzantium" tells a tale about a vampire mother who turns her daughter into a bloodsucker. Later, the two vampires form a lethal partnership, and sometimes pretend to be sisters. The production of the GBP8 million film is scheduled to take place in October.
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift
- It's Official: Joy-Anna Duggar and Austin Forsyth Are Married - See Their Wedding Pic
- Scott Disick Caught Cozying Up to Another Woman After Spotted With Bella Thorne and Chloe Bartolli
- New Director Is Reportedly Eyed to Helm 'Justice League Dark'
- Bella Thorne Wants to Forget She Ever Met Scott Disick After He Ditched Her
- Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid and More Recreate Iconic Supermodels Bathtub Photo