'Survivor: Redemption Island' Winner Is Boston Rob
"Survivor: Redemption Island" has crowned its winner in Sunday's (May 15) episode. As it was predicted before, Boston Rob easily took home the million dollars prize since he showed his control over other contestants throughout the game.
The two-hour finale started with the Final Duel between the four contestants at the Redemption Island. Andrea, Mike, Grant and Matt were challenged to balance a vase on a seesaw with one of their feet at the other end of the board. The one with the last vase standing is the winner. In respective order, Grant, Matt and Mike were out, so Andrea got a chance to rejoin the castaways.
Next was the first immunity challenge where the five castaways, Rob, Phillip, Ashley, and Natalie in addition to Andrea, raced across a balance beam to get bags filled with numbered tiles and then must put the tiles in order, from 1-100. Ashley won the immunity.
Rob began convincing others to vote Andrea out, while Ashley and Natalie planned to make Phillip go home next time. Although there were talks between the girls to blindside Rob, its was Rob's plan which proved to be successful as Andrea was voted out 4-1 at the Tribal Council.
Rob's way to win "Survivor" was even smoother in the next round as he won the final immunity challenge. The remaining contestants had to collect four bags of puzzle pieces in a huge maze, race up to the top and complete the word puzzles. Ashley's strategy was to follow Boston and she was right behind him, but Rob eventually won the challenge.
Before the final Tribal Council, Rob worked hard to convince Natalie to turn against her BFF Ashley. Although she was in a sort of dilemma, she finally followed Rob's strategy. Ashley was voted out 3-1, and Rob got a finale which was exactly like he wanted.
At the final stage, the final 3 made speeches to promote themselves. Both Natalie and Phillip explained their skills, but their arguments somehow included credits for Rob as the mastermind. Rob, meanwhile, boasted that he won challenges, organized winning alliances and worked hard at the camp.
After some comments from The Jury, they gave their votes for the winner. Host Jeff Probst then took the vote jar to the live reunion show in New York City. It only took six votes to be read out to find out that Rob is the winner, because five out six were already given to him.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital