'Thor' Holds Off 'Bridesmaids' at Box Office
After its thundering debut last week, "Thor" still proves to be the lord of movies in moviegoers' eyes. The Norse god film takes the first spot at the chart by collecting $34.7 million, or grossing a total of $119.5 million.
The performance of the Kenneth Branagh film is enough to hold off a strong opening from "Bridesmaids". The comedy film, which was expected to gain $15-17 million, debuts with $26.2 million. With women representing 67% of the audience, the R-rated movie receives a "B plus" rating from CinemaScore.
In the meantime, car racing-themed "Fast Five" continues to speed along at box office. The Justin Lin-directed movie claims the third place by gaining $20.4 million. The fifth installment of the "Fast and Furious" film franchise only drops 37% from last week's cume.
Horror sci-fi "Priest" debuts with a soft landing at number four. The movie, which stars Paul Bettany and Lily Collins, collects $14.9 million. Trailing behind it is "Rio", which grosses $8.3 million.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for May 13-15:
- "Thor" - $34.7 million
- "Bridesmaids" - $26.2 million
- "Fast Five" - $20.4 million
- "Priest" - $14.9 million
- "Rio" - $8.3 million
- "Jumping the Broom" - $7 million
- "Something Borrowed" - $6.9 million
- "Water for Elephants" - $4.2 million
- "Madea's Big Happy Family" - $2.2 million
- "Soul Surfer" - $1.8 million
More Thor News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked