'Thor' Holds Off 'Bridesmaids' at Box Office
After its thundering debut last week, "Thor" still proves to be the lord of movies in moviegoers' eyes. The Norse god film takes the first spot at the chart by collecting $34.7 million, or grossing a total of $119.5 million.
The performance of the Kenneth Branagh film is enough to hold off a strong opening from "Bridesmaids". The comedy film, which was expected to gain $15-17 million, debuts with $26.2 million. With women representing 67% of the audience, the R-rated movie receives a "B plus" rating from CinemaScore.
In the meantime, car racing-themed "Fast Five" continues to speed along at box office. The Justin Lin-directed movie claims the third place by gaining $20.4 million. The fifth installment of the "Fast and Furious" film franchise only drops 37% from last week's cume.
Horror sci-fi "Priest" debuts with a soft landing at number four. The movie, which stars Paul Bettany and Lily Collins, collects $14.9 million. Trailing behind it is "Rio", which grosses $8.3 million.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for May 13-15:
- "Thor" - $34.7 million
- "Bridesmaids" - $26.2 million
- "Fast Five" - $20.4 million
- "Priest" - $14.9 million
- "Rio" - $8.3 million
- "Jumping the Broom" - $7 million
- "Something Borrowed" - $6.9 million
- "Water for Elephants" - $4.2 million
- "Madea's Big Happy Family" - $2.2 million
- "Soul Surfer" - $1.8 million
More Thor News
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates