'SNL' Presents Ed Helms, Chris Colfer, Steve Carell and More
Ed Helms' shift to host "Saturday Night Live" received plenty of helps from fellow TV stars. One skit features not only the musical guest Paul Simon but also Chris Colfer of "Glee", Kenan Thompson and Bill Hader in his Lindsey Buckingham character. Another boasts Jon Hamm, Jimmy Fallon, Fred Armisen, Stephen Colbert, and Steve Carrell.
Colfer appears in Thompson's regular "What's Up With That?" segment. However, he hardly had speaking role, so did Helms who portrays "Sexy Banjo Man". Simon got the privilege of leading the skit with Thompson and Hader.
The biggest laughter of all came from the return of the Ambiguously Gay Duo, a cartoon created by Robert Smigel and J. J. Sedelmaier about two superheroes whose orientation are questionable. The sketch started as an animation but soon turned to live-action, thanks to Helms' two-faced character's cheap gun. Hamm takes the role of Ace while Fallon is Gary. Carell and Colbert who voice the villains in the cartoon version bring out to life, Big Head and Brain-io respectively.
Meanwhile, the "Weekend Update" features Bobby Moynihan's Anthony Crispino as well as Kristen Wiig and Armisen as musical duo Garth and Kat.
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'