'SNL' Presents Ed Helms, Chris Colfer, Steve Carell and More
Ed Helms' shift to host "Saturday Night Live" received plenty of helps from fellow TV stars. One skit features not only the musical guest Paul Simon but also Chris Colfer of "Glee", Kenan Thompson and Bill Hader in his Lindsey Buckingham character. Another boasts Jon Hamm, Jimmy Fallon, Fred Armisen, Stephen Colbert, and Steve Carrell.
Colfer appears in Thompson's regular "What's Up With That?" segment. However, he hardly had speaking role, so did Helms who portrays "Sexy Banjo Man". Simon got the privilege of leading the skit with Thompson and Hader.
The biggest laughter of all came from the return of the Ambiguously Gay Duo, a cartoon created by Robert Smigel and J. J. Sedelmaier about two superheroes whose orientation are questionable. The sketch started as an animation but soon turned to live-action, thanks to Helms' two-faced character's cheap gun. Hamm takes the role of Ace while Fallon is Gary. Carell and Colbert who voice the villains in the cartoon version bring out to life, Big Head and Brain-io respectively.
Meanwhile, the "Weekend Update" features Bobby Moynihan's Anthony Crispino as well as Kristen Wiig and Armisen as musical duo Garth and Kat.
More Saturday Night Live News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed