Miranda Lambert: 'I'm Married to My Best Friend'
Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert are now husband and wife. The long-time couple was married late Saturday, May 14 evening at the Don Strange Ranch near Boerne, Texas. "I'm married to my best friend!" Lambert told Us Weekly after the ceremony. "Looking forward to a lifetime of laughter."
The affair was attended by a lot of country stars including Reba McEntire, Dierks Bentley, Martina McBride, The Bellamy Brothers and Charles Kelley of Lady Antebellum. There was also Shelton's "The Voice" co-judge Cee-Lo Green among the 550 attendees.
Lambert, according to some reports, were wearing her mother's wedding dress. She hinted earlier this week that guests would be served venison as she posted a photo of deer cuts on Twitter. Meanwhile, country star Neal McCoy reportedly was asked to be part of the entertainment.
Shelton, who was once married to a long-time girlfriend, expressed his joy after the wedding, saying "I wanted to be married to Miranda the day I proposed. Finally, it's official!" He started dating Lambert in 2006 and popped the question in May last year.
Lambert and her husband may not have plenty of time to go on a honeymoon. In less than two weeks, Blake is due to be back in Oklahoma and perform two shows for tornado victims. Then the couple will perform at the CMA Music Festival which is held June 9 to 12 in Nashville.
More Miranda Lambert News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences